Machado up to his old tricks.

Pat Kelly

2 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Used to be a big fan but not longer miss him on the team.    He needs to be surrounded by good players and still has not matured into a leader.  

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26428126/green-tossed-arguing-machado-interference

The MLB guys on Inside Pitch this morning were 100% behind Machado as having done nothing wrong and that it was a totally bad call.  The opposing catcher said there was no contact he felt, no interference.

IMO He will never be “the guy” and still has not matured into a leader...does things where everyone perceives the worst - sometimes perception is reality.   His upside is still HOFer but becoming harder to root for.  

6 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Used to be a big fan but not longer miss him on the team.    He needs to be surrounded by good players and still has not matured into a leader.  

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26428126/green-tossed-arguing-machado-interference

Even the catcher admitted he didnt it had anything to do with him dropping the ball.

Murphy said. "Watching the video, I can see that maybe we did brush up against each other. I don't know if my foot hit the bat or not. In the moment, it didn't feel like it affected being able to catch the ball.''

10 minutes ago, oriole said:

I dunno...there are a million other places to  toss your bat other than right next to the catcher. Though it’s subjective regardless because he definitely didn’t do anything obviously ill intended.

That’s the thing, I don’t see any intent there.   Whether the interference call was correct is one thing (I could go either way on that); whether Manny intentionally tried to bother the catcher is another (no indication that he did).   

It would be interesting to see where Manny habitually runs and drops his bat on pop-ups.    It looked normal to me.   I doubt Manny had any idea where the ball was going to land at that point.   

Archived