Means and Straily put pressure on Bundy

wildcard

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd agree with that. Honestly Lucas and Phillips are interchangeable to a point. Whatever one is least fresh probably goes, but if the same, Phillips probably because he can be optioned.

I know you have not liked Phillips but I see  a world of difference between these two.  Phillips has a 94 mph fastball with movement and he seem to be about to control it.  He has a good breaking pitch also.  Lucas looks like a junk pitcher to me.   His fastball is around 90-91 and hittable so he throws a bunch of break balls.  I know he strikes out some guys but he doesn't impress me the way Phillips does.   I was really not impressed with the 3 run homer he gave up the other day.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I know you have not liked Phillips but I see  a world of difference between these two.  Phillip has a 94 mph fastball with movement and he seem to be about to control it.  He has a good breaking pitch also.  Lucas looks like a junk pitcher to me.   His fastball is around 90-91 and hittable so he throws a bunch of break balls.  I know he strikes out some guys but he doesn't impress me the way Phillips does.   I was really not impressed with the 3 run homer he gave up the other day.

Yeah, gotta agree here. Phillips' stuff far outweighs Lucas'.

2 hours ago, jrobb21613 said:

Has Bundy accepted the fact that he’s not the pitcher he once was and that he’s not going to be that guy? Could he be trying to do to much?

I wish Bundy’s current predicament wasn’t every pitcher that comes through the organization’s predicament. It would make it easier for me to accept that Bundy is at fault rather than the Orioles don’t know how to handle developing pitchers.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

By the way, I read yesterday that next year the minimum period for optioning a player will increase from 10 to 15 days.     So it’s going to be harder to apply the Norfolk shuttle strategy.   

Not a fan of that at all. Just limits opportunities for guys.

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

I know you have not liked Phillips but I see  a world of difference between these two.  Phillips has a 94 mph fastball with movement and he seem to be about to control it.  He has a good breaking pitch also.  Lucas looks like a junk pitcher to me.   His fastball is around 90-91 and hittable so he throws a bunch of break balls.  I know he strikes out some guys but he doesn't impress me the way Phillips does.   I was really not impressed with the 3 run homer he gave up the other day.

I would prefer Phillips over Lucas, but when it comes down to it, it's all depending on the situation. Phillips showed better his first outing but he'll need to be consistently like that for a bit before he can be settled. Saying that, I'd option Castro right now.

Archived