Austin Hays 2019

Frobby

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah this is getting silly. He's starting to feel like the Hunter Harvey of position players. That said, it could totally be a cramp who knows. 

I think the Hunter Harvey comparisons are a little hysterical. Harvey barely played over a four year period.   Hays has missed a good bit of time, but he’s been on the field more than he’s been off it over the years.   

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy the "precautionary measure" stuff. Roch "hears" lots of stuff. Bottom line is he was legging out a ground ball, came up limping past the bag and clutching the back of his leg. That's now "precautionary measures", really? Sounds like an injury to me. Every time I've seen that during games, it's been an injury of some degree. Hopefully, it's not that serious, but spare me the "precautionary measures" stuff. I'd be shocked if that was an accurate assessment of the situation. We'll see. Anything is possible, but based on the initial report of what happened to Hays, does not seem likely.

Even if this is an injury, I'm not ready to compare him to Harvey just yet though.

3 hours ago, Sessh said:

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy the "precautionary measure" stuff. Roch "hears" lots of stuff. Bottom line is he was legging out a ground ball, came up limping past the bag and clutching the back of his leg. That's now "precautionary measures", really? Sounds like an injury to me. Every time I've seen that during games, it's been an injury of some degree. Hopefully, it's not that serious, but spare me the "precautionary measures" stuff. I'd be shocked if that was an accurate assessment of the situation. We'll see. Anything is possible, but based on the initial report of what happened to Hays, does not seem likely.

Even if this is an injury, I'm not ready to compare him to Harvey just yet though.

I will be surprised if the “precautionary measures” don’t keep Hays out of the lineup for at least a few days.   But let’s hope no more than that.

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I will be surprised if the “precautionary measures” don’t keep Hays out of the lineup for at least a few days.   But let’s hope no more than that.

Agreed.

Obviously we have to wait and see a bit and see how he responds to treatment. I may have just tweaked his hammy vs pulling it. Saying that, Hays doesn't exactly have a stellar record of healing quick so we'll have to see.

While it's waaayyy too early to start getting all upset and developing comparisons, it is fair to point out that he's lost a decent amount of time to injuries since being a pro. 

So far he doesn't get high marks for durability and though that can change since injuries have not been reoccurring types. So far he's had a wrist sprain, ankle surgery, fractured finger, and now a hammy. I don't know whether this is a good thing or not, but at the end of the day, he needs to find a way to keep himself healthy and on the field.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Obviously we have to wait and see a bit and see how he responds to treatment. I may have just tweaked his hammy vs pulling it. Saying that, Hays doesn't exactly have a stellar record of healing quick so we'll have to see.

While it's waaayyy too early to start getting all upset and developing comparisons, it is fair to point out that he's lost a decent amount of time to injuries since being a pro. 

So far he doesn't get high marks for durability and though that can change since injuries have not been reoccurring types. So far he's had a wrist sprain, ankle surgery, fractured finger, and now a hammy. I don't know whether this is a good thing or not, but at the end of the day, he needs to find a way to keep himself healthy and on the field.

How do you tweak someone else's hammy?????

As to the injuries, I fear we may have another Reimold.

Archived