Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

36 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

They might be fine just moving Happ to the OF. With Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, and Baez it seems like already have plenty of pop. If they are interested in Mancini, I would think that Brailyn Marquez might be the high level guy that we're interested in the most. Hard throwing lefthander who can hit triple digits and is only 21 years old. 

We'll just have to see what happens with Castellanos.  If teams are going bonkers for him in FA, then I think that's a direct correlation to what Mancini's trade value is.  Mancini is different than Givens.  Mancini might have more value at the deadline versus now, because teams might be more inclined to roll with what they have and then re-evaluate come deadline time.  

11 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

And not so good. Didn't make the 2019 playoff roster.

Voit was battling a sports hernia and had surgery in October for it. I think that's why he slumped a bit at the end of the year. I don't think the Yankees would view Mancini as an upgrade over him. Their counting stats were somewhat similar, but Voit had a .381 OBP which is elite for a first baseman. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We'll just have to see what happens with Castellanos.  If teams are going bonkers for him in FA, then I think that's a direct correlation to what Mancini's trade value is.  Mancini is different than Givens.  Mancini might have more value at the deadline versus now, because teams might be more inclined to roll with what they have and then re-evaluate come deadline time.  

I think the shine has work off of Castellanos. In the juiced ball era his numbers just don't jump off the page anymore and he's a poor defender. I guess time will tell though...

23 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Using the bb-ref neutralized stats converter, Mancini's 2019 numbers in a '19 Coors context is equivalent to .331/.408/.612, 1.020 OPS, 145 runs, 211 hits, 46 doubles, 43 homers, and 132 RBI.  And the same OPS+ and WAR as he really had.

Yet most other metrics that individualize just HRs. Don't see much of a difference between Camden and Coors right handed hitters. The difference is in doubles, triples, strikeout rate and batting average. He would objectively would put up better numbers. Just wouldn't expect an automatic growth in HRs.

If you gave me a 40 HR over/under. I would bet on the under.

I don't get it, but I'm rooting for Giants Castellanos to maximize Mancini's market (not that I'm clamoring for a deal - just for the sake of options).  I can imagine White Sox, Rangers, Cubs, Reds, Diamondbacks fits as:

CWS - unseating Leury Garcia in LF.  Would make a fun lineup once 2B Madrigal, CF Robert, DH Vaughn all happen by...Memorial Day?

TEX - unseating Danny Santana/Ronald Guzman at 1B.  Rangers demand might wobble depending on if Rendon takes all their money; if not they'll have plenty of cash for ordinary free agents.

CHC - taking RF and unseating Happ via Heyward RF --> CF

CIN - taking LF/RF and unseating whoever of Winker/Aquino Cincinnati trusts less.  Yesterday 12/9 was the anniversary of the Frank trade.

ARZ - taking 1B/RF and unseating whoever of Walker/Rojas Arizona trusts less.

Which if any of Ian Happ, Jesse Winker, Aristides Aquino, Christian Walker or Josh Rojas might Elias consider straight up?

The Givens market probably needs Treinen, Betances and Will Harris to clear before getting to the argument of do you want him or World Series hero Daniel Hudson.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

I don't get it, but I'm rooting for Giants Castellanos to maximize Mancini's market (not that I'm clamoring for a deal - just for the sake of options).  I can imagine White Sox, Rangers, Cubs, Reds, Diamondbacks fits as:

CWS - unseating Leury Garcia in LF.  Would make a fun lineup once 2B Madrigal, CF Robert, DH Vaughn all happen by...Memorial Day?

TEX - unseating Danny Santana/Ronald Guzman at 1B.  Rangers demand might wobble depending on if Rendon takes all their money; if not they'll have plenty of cash for ordinary free agents.

CHC - taking RF and unseating Happ via Heyward RF --> CF

CIN - taking LF/RF and unseating whoever of Winker/Aquino Cincinnati trusts less.  Yesterday 12/9 was the anniversary of the Frank trade.

ARZ - taking 1B/RF and unseating whoever of Walker/Rojas Arizona trusts less.

Which if any of Ian Happ, Jesse Winker, Aristides Aquino, Christian Walker or Josh Rojas might Elias consider straight up?

The Givens market probably needs Treinen, Betances and Will Harris to clear before getting to the argument of do you want him or World Series hero Daniel Hudson.

None. They're all too old. I imagine Elias will target younger, lower level prospects. I also think Texas and Cincy might be stretches for landing spots. I said it before, but I think the White Sox are by far the best fit. And the timing seems to right on their end because all the moves they've made seem to indicate they're trying to contend this season. 

1 hour ago, Babypowder said:

He was still recovering from surgery. I know if I'm Cashman I'd rather just run Voit out there than give up anything valuable for Mancini.

I think that’s probably right, even though I prefer Mancini to Voit.     

Voit was a 22nd round draft pick.    Gotta feel good for guys like that who succeed.    Just wish it wasn’t for the Yankees.   

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think that’s probably right, even though I prefer Mancini to Voit.     

Voit was a 22nd round draft pick.    Gotta feel good for guys like that who succeed.    Just wish it wasn’t for the Yankees.   

Not only that but a 22nd round pick as a catcher who had a bad arm and hadn't hit all that well in college.