Elias J2 International Orioles

interloper

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

Guess we aren't getting this guy.   But I guess the Yankees aren't getting ANYBODY else.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27078114/the-legend-martian-yankees-5-million-16-year-old-international-coup

Very fair and reasonable expectations:

Jasson has a game that's very much like Mike Trout -- except he's a switch-hitter”

12 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Very fair and reasonable expectations:

Jasson has a game that's very much like Mike Trout -- except he's a switch-hitter”

It tough when you project as a Platinum Glove center fielder who hits .440 with 80-homer power and 100 steal speed.  Nobody these days gets Hugh Duffy and Sliding Billy Hamilton references so you work with what you have.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:37 PM, interloper said:

I apologize, IDK how to put this into the running thread.  We have 27 guys listed and I don't recall seeing a Bahamian.  I also recall seeing Elias said we'd get 30+ guys today (but I can't find it now).  More guys to follow?

2 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

I apologize, IDK how to put this into the running thread.  We have 27 guys listed and I don't recall seeing a Bahamian.  I also recall seeing Elias said we'd get 30+ guys today (but I can't find it now).  More guys to follow?

OF Dax Stubbs, R/R, 5/21/2003 - Bahamas

Re: 30+, there are likely players signed at $10k or below that don't get publicized, according to folks who know more than I do about it. That or 30 was an estimate and some guys didn't sign. And yeah, we can still sign more guys I think. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

OF Dax Stubbs, R/R, 5/21/2003 - Bahamas

Re: 30+, there are likely players signed at $10k or below that don't get publicized, according to folks who know more than I do about it. That or 30 was an estimate and some guys didn't sign. And yeah, we can still sign more guys I think. 

Pretty much agree. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Someone is doing a bang up job promoting this. 

They really are.  It seems that since Elias & Co has come aboard that they have gotten a lot better at marketing and promotions.  I am not sure how much he has to do with that but I'd imagine he's got some standards and ideas.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

They really are.  It seems that since Elias & Co has come aboard that they have gotten a lot better at marketing and promotions.  I am not sure how much he has to do with that but I'd imagine he's got some standards and ideas.

I'm guessing he brought in some social media savvy youngins.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm guessing he brought in some social media savvy youngins.

Agreed.  I mean I think the Orioles got better in marketing during the recent playoff seasons but they seem even better at it now.  I believe that you're correct that Elias probably brought in social media savvy people but the fact that he's very transparent and accessible is part of it, too.  The Walk With Elias t-shirt coming up is genius.

• Upvote 1