adidasdoc

About time someone posted Alomar.

eddie

robbie

cal

manny (not old enough for brooks)

eric davis

markakis

surhoff (not old enough for frobby either)

delmon young, but only if Joba’s around, if not, palmiero 

mussina

key

big ben

wells

bedard

britton

Jim johnson

olson

oday

koji

randy Myers 

Tippy

C - Matt Wieters - Sal Fasano on the bench

1b- Raffy 

2b- Brian Roberts - Schoop on the bench 

3b- Melvin Mora (MVP)

SS- Cal - JJ Hardy on the bench

LF- BJ Surhoff

CF- Adam Jones

RF- Nick Mar-Kick-*@#

SP- Chris Tillman

SP- Rodrigo Lopez

SP- Mussina

SP- Chen

SP- Miguel Gonzalez

RP- Darren O'Day

RP- Buddy Groom

RP- Jim Johnson

RP- BJ Ryan

RP- Koji

CP- Zach Zack Britton

Edited by Darkhawk

C Gus Triandos

1B Eddie

2B Robby Alamar/BRob

SS Blade/Cal

3B Brooks

LF  Don Buford/Brady

CF Blair

RF Frank

DH Jim Gentile

Palmer 

Cuellar

McNally

Flanagan

Moose

Hoyt

Stu

Olson

Tippy

Myers

Zach

Flat Breezy

Koji

Edited by El Gordo

C - Matt Wieters

1B - Rafael Palmiero

2B - Roberto Alomar

3B - Manny Machado

SS - Cal Ripken 

LF - Brady Anderson

CF - Adam Jones

RF - Nick Markakis 

DH - Chris Davis (2013)

BN - Chris Hoiles, Brian Roberts, Mike Bordick, Melvin Mora

SP - Mike Mussina, Erik Bedard, Chris Tillman, Wei-Yin Chen, Scott Erickson 

BP - Zach Britton, Darren Oday, Andrew Miller, Brad Brach, BJ Ryan, Jim Johnson, Pedro Strop

Edit/HM - perhaps Surhoff in place of Bordick

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m very old.  

I'm pretty busy tonight so I'll make a roster later. But I could just say the '69 Orioles! Who I've heard many, many players on that team say was the best of them all. 109 wins...

But it's favorite players... and tailored to today's roster. Not a 7 man bench and 4 relievers, or whatever it was back then. 4 starters doing 300 innings...

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

I'm pretty busy tonight...

A relative term but I have the O's replay on, into the 9th inning. Don't know who wins... Rolling cigarettes, and there's an EXPLOSION of youboob vids I want to watch tonight! I have 9 tabs open. Plus I have to get up in 5 hours for early work on Saturday.

C Rick Dempsey

1B Eddie Murray

2B Bobby Grich

SS Cal Ripken

3B Brooks Robinson

LF Al Bumbry

CF Paul Blair

RF Frank Robinson

DH Ken Singleton

SP Jim Palmer

SP Dave McNally

SP Mike Mussina

SP Mike Cuellar

RP Zach Britton

RP Randy Myers

RP Tippy Martinez

RP Stu Miller

Bench - Weiters, Palmero, Alomar, A. Jones

C - Sal Fasano

1B - Mark Reynolds

2B - Jeff Reboulet

SS - Carl Ripken Jr

3B - Mark Reynolds

OF - Jeff Conine

OF - Luis Matos

OF - Jeff Fiorentino

DH - Fernando Tatis

P - Jose Mercedes

P - Rocky Coppinger

P - Hayden Penn

P - Steven Trachsel

Honorable Mention: Paul Bako, Brook Fordyce, JR House, Lenny Webster, Geronimo Gil, Eli Whitside, every kid I played baseball with in 5th grade who tried to imitate Tony Bautista's batting stance.

Okay this is fun:

Position Players

C: Chris Hoiles: Long live the 1996 Ultimate Grand Slam.

1B: Rafael Palmeiro: Eddie was traded when I was one so I didn't really get to experience him and my username is a reference to how excited I was when we had Ripken-Alomar-Palmeiro as what I thought would be our Tinker-Evers-Chance in the 1995 offseason.

2B) Roberto Alomar: As I said, I was thrilled when we signed him from the Blue Jays in the 1995 offseason.

3B) Manny Machado: So fun to watch on defense. If only he had been healthy for the 2014 playoffs.

SS) Cal Ripken: He was my first favorite player as a kid.

LF: Brady Anderson: Named my childhood dog after him the year he hit 50!

CF: Adam Jones: The trade for him started the nice run we had from 2012-2016.

RF: Nick Markakis: Just a steady guy and easy guy to root for.

DH: Harold Baines: Doesn't belong in the HoF IMO but he was always a consistent hitter and I liked that he was from St. Michaels, Maryland near where we would cross the Bay Bridge.

Bench

Melvin Mora: Stood out on many otherwise forgettable teams. Crazy to think his quins are all grown up now and graduating high school like my youngest brother is.

Jonathan Schoop: Just loved his infectious smile and joy. Glad he's rebounding nicely with Minnesota this year and hopefully into a nice contract.

B.J Surhoff: Just did a little bit of everything and he too was part of the 1995 Offseason.

Matt Wieters: Saw his first home run at OPACY with my brothers and Dad. 

Pitchers

SP1: Mike Mussina: I was heartbroken and angry when he left for NYY but there was no Orioles pitcher I liked watching more.

SP2: Erik Bedard: Like Mora, he stood out on some bad teams and he was the piece that help start the 2012-16 revival.

SP3: Chris Tillman: I always had a soft spot for Tillman since he was the first Oriole to be younger than me and I was glad that he overcame some initial hiccups to be a servicable starter for a few years.

SP4: Scott Erickson: He wasn't as good as I remembered him but he was a big part of my childhood.

SP5: Wei Yin Chen: Our first major international signing:

CL: Zach Britton: That sinker and no Orioles closer was better in his prime.

SU: Jim Johnson: I always liked Jim since I got to see his debut when he was a starter. He got rocked hard but it was a fun game to watch.

RP: Arthur Rhodes: Not a star but always a good arm out of the pen

RP: Alan Mills: I'll always remember the Strawberry punch and it's nice that he is still with the organization.

RP: Darren O'Day: I was a submarine pitcher in LL and I loved chanting O'Day, O'Day, O'Day at games.

RP: Andrew Miller: Brach-Miller-Britton were almost a game over bullpen in the late summer and early fall of 2014. A pity that team didn't win the Pennant. Probably my favorite Orioles team ever.

Manager: Buck Showalter: I give the edge to Buck over Davey since he was here longer and he gave me winning Orioles baseball as an adult. The Davey two years were great but they were short and the team was filled with guys closer to my parents age than my age. Plus since I watched the pressers with Buck, I got to know Buck more than I did Davey I felt. 

GM: Pat Gillick:  Helped build the mid 90's teams that I breathed and died with. It was only a couple years but what a couple years those were for a 9 and 10 year old.

• Upvote 1

This is pretty fun.  I'm going to list the season I'd want them from, too.  And for you WAR junkies, their totals for that season, too.

C - '93 Chris Hoiles (6.8)

1B - '94 Rafael Palmeiro (4.0)

2B - '96 Roberto Alomar (5.3)

SS - '91 Cal Ripken (11.5)

3B - '15 Manny Machado (7.1)

LF - '92 Brady Anderson (5.2)

CF - '12 Adam Jones (4.1)

RF - '98 Eric Davis (Sorry, Nick)  (3.2)

DH - '13 Chris Davis (6.5)

Backup Catcher - '89 Mickey Tettleton (4.4)

Bench - '08 Nick Markakis (7.4), '05 Brian Roberts (7.3), '04 Miguel Tejada (7.4)

80.2 WAR Total Position Players

Rotation:

Probably the hardest part.  You could have, like, 4 Mussina seasons and a Bedard season.  But I'm using each player only once.  

SP - '92 Mike Mussina (8.2)

SP - '07 Erik Bedard (4.0)

SP -  '13 Chris Tillman (2.0)

SP - '97 Jimmy Key (4.6)

SP - '90 Ben McDonald (3.3)

Bullpen:

'89 Gregg Olson (3.3), '16 Zack Britton (4.2), '94 Mark Eichhorn (2.6), '97 Jesse Orosco (2.0), '97 Randy Myers (3.1), '97 Arthur Rhodes (2.3), '05 BJ Ryan (2.4)

42 WAR Total Pitching

122.2 Team WAR 

Yeah, I've got Nick on the bench.  As much as I loved Nick, I liked watching Eric Davis that season way more than I did watching any Markakis season.  IMO, Davis is one of the all time "What ifs?" in ML history.  If that dude could have stayed healthy, he'd have been an all time great.  And to have the year that he did at the age that he was after beating cancer...shows what a badass that guy was.

I feel like I'm leaving off an obvious SP.  I looked at Guthrie, Erickson and some others but whatever.  

• Like 1