Trumbo rehab begins again 8/27/19

interloper

13 hours ago, ScGO's said:

If proven he is healthy, I wonder if he would be part of a package deal as a throw in to shed some salary

Nobody's taking him for anything more than the minimum salary, and only then if it's a non-guaranteed salary. So if the O's can make that happen, I'm sure someone would take him as a throw-in lottery ticket bench bat.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not in the lineup today and taken out for a PH last night for his last AB.  My first thought was that he's on his way here.  My second was that he came out of the game last not for a physical reason.

I agree with the first thought.  

@Legend_Of_Joey Roch mentioned your sighting of Trumbo at the Rochester airport tweet on the air with Scott and Jeremy.   Didn't give you credit though!   Pfft! 

Roch didn't sound like he thought Trumbo would be up anytime soon.  Speculated he was out of the lineup today for rest after his one game back.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, murph said:

@Legend_Of_Joey Roch mentioned your sighting of Trumbo at the Rochester airport tweet on the air with Scott and Jeremy.   Didn't give you credit though!   Pfft! 

Roch didn't sound like he thought Trumbo would be up anytime soon.  Speculated he was out of the lineup today for rest after his one game back.  

It's cool, I saw it tweeted elsewhere earlier and was trying to call him out on it.

I'm expecting an update about Trumbo flying back to Baltimore for further examination or going to Bowie or Frederick to continue rehabbing.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It's cool, I saw it tweeted elsewhere earlier and was trying to call him out on it.

I'm expecting an update about Trumbo flying back to Baltimore for further examination or going to Bowie or Frederick to continue rehabbing.

Pure speculation and maybe others have already said this, but I almost wonder if the O's and Trumbo are working together on keeping him down in the minors (instead of releasing him) on the IL until September, but still trying to get him some playing time to keep him fresh.  Get a few games, set back, get a few games, set back....oh look its September 1st, come on up Mark and let the other clubs see if you have anything left. 

2 minutes ago, murph said:

Pure speculation and maybe others have already said this, but I almost wonder if the O's and Trumbo are working together on keeping him down in the minors (instead of releasing him) on the IL until September, but still trying to get him some playing time to keep him fresh.  Get a few games, set back, get a few games, set back....oh look its September 1st, come on up Mark and let the other clubs see if you have anything left. 

I'd imagine Trumbo would want to get back to the bigs as soon as possible in an effort to build some type of value for a possible contract next year. The O's can try to stretch his rehab as long as possible, but eventually they are going to have to bring him up or release him. 

It's also entirely possible he gets hurt again.

17 hours ago, ScGO's said:

If proven he is healthy, I wonder if he would be part of a package deal as a throw in to shed some salary

He would have to be traded within the next six days. Why would any team want him given his physical condition or pay any part of his salary? 

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

He would have to be traded within the next six days. Why would any team want him given his physical condition or pay any part of his salary? 

Of course not. All you have to do is look at Dustin Pedroia and be like "yeah no thanks." Even if he's healthy for the remainder of the season, he's only going to get a minor league deal next offseason. No one in their right mind would give him a guaranteed ML contract. 

8 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

They wouldn't  but they might tell a team, "how bad do you want Givens, Mancini? Take Trumbo's contract (or at least come of it) and we have a deal.  The hard part is doing this without compromising on the talent you are getting back. Maybe send them a prospect as well to compensate for the Trumbo side of the contract..  Maybe you can get someone to take back a Mullins or Ortiz if they agree to pay for Trumbo.  

3 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

They wouldn't  but they might tell a team, "how bad do you want Givens, Mancini? Take Trumbo's contract (or at least come of it) and we have a deal.  The hard part is doing this without compromising on the talent you are getting back. Maybe send them a prospect as well to compensate for the Trumbo side of the contract..  Maybe you can get someone to take back a Mullins or Ortiz if they agree to pay for Trumbo.  

The O's took a smaller return last year to cut payroll.  I'd rather they didn't resort to that again.

It would probably also result in a rant by me questioning how much control Elias has and how much is being dictated by ownership.

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Once Trumbo is physically cleared to play, I would activate him from the 60-Day IL and immediately designate him for assignment or give him his outright release (if allowed).

If Trumbo is cleared to play and Nunez has proved that he can play 3B adequately, I would make Trumbo the DH, Mancini the 1B, and cut Davis.