Adley is in Baltimore (Signed)

weams

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, scOtt said:

I'm no expert but I would think May or June-ish 2021, whenever the extra year of control kicks in. And of course IF he tears up the minors. And if/when he's a fully ready catcher/Field General. Not your average position player.

3 minutes ago, Punchandjudy said:

Much closer to reality in my opinion.  Don't be surprised if it's not till 2022.  I know that may sound crazy now, but Elias ostensibly wants a track record of success at each level but I suspect he is more interested in team control especially given the current state of the franchise and timeline associated with a return to winning.

The extra year of control kicks in mid-April, not May or June.   The May/June dates relate to arbitration eligibility, not free agency.    

As to having a track record of success at every level, look at Alex Bregman: drafted June 2015, debuted July 2016.   He played both low A and high A the year he was drafted, then three months of AA, a few weeks of AAA, and on to the majors.   Now, Houston was in a playoff race, so there was reason to push him if he was ready.    They won’t push Adley like that, I don’t think.  But mid-April 2021?    Yeah, good chance.   

I know they will want to stall his service clock but waiting until 2022 is, as Corn said, a disservice to the player. 

If he's ready and barring injury, 2021 seems likely, and it'll give time to instill him as the team leader he's made out to be and shape that clubhouse before the youngest prospects are ready in '22/'23.

Mid-April 2021 gets him through his age 29 season. Even if we aren't super competitive in 2021, if he is ready I would rather have him learning/adjusting to the big league game and pitchers over having him for his age 30 season.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Mid-April 2021 gets him through his age 29 season. Even if we aren't super competitive in 2021, if he is ready I would rather have him learning/adjusting to the big league game and pitchers over having him for his age 30 season.

That's assuming he does not have a debilitating injury before then. I know in my life an eight year plan is a huge unknown. 

36 minutes ago, weams said:

That's assuming he does not have a debilitating injury before then. I know in my life an eight year plan is a huge unknown. 

It’s also assuming he plays well enough to deserve a call-up that early.   

5 minutes ago, brvn52 said:

Per Elias at the press conference, Rutschman will go to the GCL and then Aberdeen. 

I posted a separate thread with that information. Seems like it should be the title of a thread.

Perhaps delete the other thread and edit the title of this thread to include that info.

Archived