Eshelman up/Acquire Asher Wojciechowski from CLE

interloper

35 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

Well, that’s a little concerning.

Eh, they've already come so far. It's going to take time and I'm glad to hear they apparently told him they're working on it.

o

Wojociechoski is a funny guy.

This was his 4th consecutive start in which he had a high Strikeout total ........ in his last 4 starts combined, he has 29 Strikeouts over 24 Innings Pitched.

I suspect that the Oriole bullpen at-large was very happy to see him complete 7 innings, after last night's marathon.

21 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 5 Popouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Fouout

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 7/26)

IP:ll7

H:lll 3 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 1 Double)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll1 

SO:lll6

Pitches: )l 100 )(64 )Strikes, )36 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.60)l 30.00 IP  (12 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 0.933 )l )  30.00 IP  (28 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .183 ))  (20 for 109)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

10 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll21 lllBalls)

10 lll(61 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

12 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

29 lll(15 lllStrikes, ll14 lllllBalls)

15 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll51 lllBalls)

11 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

o

I’m curious if something has clicked for him.   Watching his last three starts,  makes me almost excited to want to watch him pitch every fifth day.     He seems to have a good idea how to approach hitters.   Color me intrigued 

7 minutes ago, Keygans said:

I’m curious if something has clicked for him.   Watching his last three starts,  makes me almost excited to want to watch him pitch every fifth day.     He seems to have a good idea how to approach hitters.   Color me intrigued

I would, but I’m not sure which color that is.

4 hours ago, Keygans said:

Im curious if something has clicked for him. In watching his last three starts, it almost makes me excited to want to watch him pitch every fifth day. He seems to have a good idea how to approach hitters. Color me intrigued.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I would, but I’m not sure which color that is.

o

ORANGE-AND-BLACK

o

10 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Wojociechoski is a funny guy.

This was his 4th consecutive start in which he had a high Strikeout total ........ in his last 4 starts combined, he has 29 Strikeouts over 24 Innings Pitched.

I suspect that the Oriole bullpen at-large was very happy to see him complete 7 innings, after last night's marathon.

21 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 5 Popouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Fouout

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 7/26)

IP:ll7

H:lll 3 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 1 Double)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll1 

SO:lll6

Pitches: )l 100 )(64 )Strikes, )36 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.60)l 30.00 IP  (12 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 0.933 )l )  30.00 IP  (28 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .183 ))  (20 for 109)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

10 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll21 lllBalls)

10 lll(61 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

12 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

29 lll(15 lllStrikes, ll14 lllllBalls)

15 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll51 lllBalls)

11 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

o

o

Wojciechowski in Control in Win Over Angels

(By Steve Melewski)

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/07/nice-follow-up-act-wojciechowski-in-control-in-win-over-angels.html

o

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I would, but I’m not sure which color that is.

Intrigue. Intrigue is a dark, gray, spiced brown with a Sedona red-rock undertone. It is a perfect paint color for an exquisite exterior trim and door, an interior accent wall behind a media center or behind a bookcase for depth and quiet. https://www.ppgpittsburghpaints.com/color/paint-colors/reds/intrigue-ppg1019-7

• Haha 1

Will Asher be a free agent at the end of the season no matter what? I remember when Rich Hill came back and was lights out the last 2 months of the season. I think he got a 2-year, 10 million deal from the As and was worth every penny. I wonder what the Os are thinking re: Asher. Hmmm... filler or find?

17 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

Will Asher be a free agent at the end of the season no matter what? I remember when Rich Hill came back and was lights out the last 2 months of the season. I think he got a 2-year, 10 million deal from the As and was worth every penny. I wonder what the Os are thinking re: Asher. Hmmm... filler or find?

Asher does not have enough service time to be a Free Agent,  He is not Arbitration Eligible until 2021,  He has been designated for assignment, cleared and dealt to the Minors before so there is no option there. He is also Out Of Options so ihe needs to remain on the twenty-Five to be retained.

10 hours ago, Keygans said:

I was very excited to watch him last night, and I was overjoyed that he continued his dominance for a second game against a different lineup. Can’t wait for his next start.

23 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

Well, that’s a little concerning.

Definitely don’t like to hear things like this.

I was at the Nats game in Baltimore when Asher pitched. He looked different than all the other pitchers that day. Just appeared very comfortable on the mound, poised and confident. Good size and frame too. Could be a find.