Eshelman up/Acquire Asher Wojciechowski from CLE

interloper

33 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I think this is the Occam's Razor outcome. Bundy missing a start either means a trade or an injury.

If I was speculating locations for a trade, Chicago just put Hamels on the DL. They called up two relievers and not another starter.

They say he is fine. Starting after the break since they were able to land  https://twitter.com/AsherWojo

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I think this is the Occam's Razor outcome. Bundy missing a start either means a trade or an injury.

If I was speculating locations for a trade, Chicago just put Hamels on the DL. They called up two relievers and not another starter.

I can’t see a contender wanting Bundy on their team.

Also I have no idea how to pronounce this new guys name. Or will I attempt to spell his name.  But seems like an improvement over what we have. 

5 hours ago, weams said:

They say he is fine. Starting after the break since they were able to land  https://twitter.com/AsherWojo

Jim Hunter explained tonight (so consider the source) that Hyde is shuffling the rotation so that Means will be able to pitch in the All-Star game (and won't need to start right away after the break). That leaves tomorrow night's starter against the Rays some guy named "TBD," who at times seems to carry a heavy load for the Orioles.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, atomic said:

I can’t see a contender wanting Bundy on their team.

Also I have no idea how to pronounce this new guys name. Or will I attempt to spell his name.  But seems like an improvement over what we have. 

1) Bundy currently has a 93 ERA+.  Boston has three pitchers with an ERA+ under 100 with seven or more starts.  The Yanks have two.  The Twins have one.  The Astros have one, plus Corbin Martin who's made five starts.  The Dodgers don't have any, but they're running away with the NL in a pitcher's park.  The Brewers have two.  The Cubs have Yu Darvish, who's pitched worse than Bundy for Chris Davis money.  The Braves have Gausman and Foltynewicz who both have ERAs in the 6s.  

So, almost every contender has a couple pitchers like Bundy and that's not even looking at the teams just in the wildcard hunt.  Maybe they don't want a Bundy, but almost all of them have a few.

2) Wojociechowski has a 6.64 MLB ERA and a 4.27 in AAA. He's 30.  Wo-juh-HOW-ski.  The Orioles released him last July and I'm not sure anyone really noticed.  But he was the ace of the Columbus Clippers team that you recently stated had a better staff than the Orioles, apparently without looking.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

1) Bundy currently has a 93 ERA+.  Boston has three pitchers with an ERA+ under 100 with seven or more starts.  The Yanks have two.  The Twins have one.  The Astros have one, plus Corbin Martin who's made five starts.  The Dodgers don't have any, but they're running away with the NL in a pitcher's park.  The Brewers have two.  The Cubs have Yu Darvish, who's pitched worse than Bundy for Chris Davis money.  The Braves have Gausman and Foltynewicz who both have ERAs in the 6s.  

So, almost every contender has a couple pitchers like Bundy and that's not even looking at the teams just in the wildcard hunt.  Maybe they don't want a Bundy, but almost all of them have a few.

2) Wojociechowski has a 6.64 MLB ERA and a 4.27 in AAA. He's 30.  Wo-juh-HOW-ski.  The Orioles released him last July and I'm not sure anyone really noticed.  But he was the ace of the Columbus Clippers team that you recently stated had a better staff than the Orioles, apparently without looking.

Yeah they have players like Bundy and they don't want more.  They want to replace the guys like Bundy with better pitchers. Like Cashman.

9 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Jim Hunter explained tonight (so consider the source) that Hyde is shuffling the rotation so that Means will be able to pitch in the All-Star game (and won't need to start right away after the break). That leaves tomorrow night's starter against the Rays some guy named "TBD," who at times seems to carry a heavy load for the Orioles.

It makes sense in a lost year to do something like this for Means. Plus, it gives him a little break with some extended rest for the second half.

o

69% of the outs that Eshelman recorded (11 out of 16) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

He had a 2-to-1 Strikes-to-Balls Ratio overall.

16 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/02)

IP:ll5.33

H:lll 5 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 4

BB:ll2

SO:ll6

Pitches: )l 96 )(64 )Strikes, )32 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 6.75 )l 5.33 IP  (4 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.313 )l )  5.33 IP  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .238 ))  (5 for 21)

PITCHES BY INNING

20 ll(15 lllStrikes, llll5 lllBalls)

81 lll(71 lllStrikes, llll1 lllBalls)

23 lll(15 lllStrikes, llll8 lllBalls)

91 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll2 lllBalls)

21 lll(13 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls)

15 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls) ) *

* )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

o

2 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

I just saw that Eshelman is back down. 

Yeah. They brought Rogers back from the ten day.   When they move him to the 60 day they can bring anyone one back. Add a 40 player. Some slut shuffling.