Eshelman up/Acquire Asher Wojciechowski from CLE

interloper

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

A little surprised Scott was sent back down the way he was throwing the ball instead of Fry. Scott has a better chance of being part of a future here than Fry.

I get the feeling that all things being equal Elias would love to just keep Scott in AAA for development/control-harnessing reasons. But seeing how many pitching emergencies this team has, he's had to resort to yo-yoing him just based on his 40-man availability and options. 

Fry, meanwhile, was the team's best reliever for a majority of this season until he hit a brick wall recently. 

But yeah, Scott is certainly the guy you hope has a future here. 

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

A little surprised Scott was sent back down the way he was throwing the ball instead of Fry. Scott has a better chance of being part of a future here than Fry.

When it comes to these decisions this season, have you heard if Hyde and Elias work together on the 40/25 man rosters? 

Say Hyde wants a certain player (where team control isn't a concern), with Elias generally go with it?

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

When it comes to these decisions this season, have you heard if Hyde and Elias work together on the 40/25 man rosters? 

Say Hyde wants a certain player (where team control isn't a concern), with Elias generally go with it?

I imagine Hyde would take the pick of the litter, not the next man up. 

5 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I really don't have any specific insights into that, but I imagine with Elias having so many jobs (GM, scouting director, farm director) that he's relying pretty heavily on Hyde for his assessment of his current major league roster and needs.

• Upvote 1

I posted this on 12/1/17 when the O's first acquired Wojciechowski (and it's still true):
======================================================================================

If and when Asher Wojciechowski makes the Orioles active roster,  he will set the record for the modern day Oriole with the longest surname.

His 13 letter surname will edge out the current leader -- Arnie Portocarrero -- 12 letters