Trying to Salvage a Game (vs. D-RAYS, 7/03)

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I disagree. Rickard is a known quantity I agree, but Broxton is just bad. His defense is good but his offense is so bad that overall, Rickard remains the better choice.

the only reason to pick up Broxton was his speed, but the other aspects of his game should have been red flags enough to pass on him.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have Gotten rid of Rickard, but not for Broxton.

Better choice for what though? Taking a chance on Broxton is more productive than sticking with a guy we KNOW for sure is not in the future plans. We had nothing to lose in taking a look at Broxton and not like we gave up anything of significance for him. We picked up Broxton because of his tools in the hope maybe he'd be a late bloomer. He was a low risk/high reward experiment which is exactly the kind of things we should be exploring right now. It didn't work out, but that's alright. Anyone you could get for $500K IBS is going to have red flags.

4 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Better choice for what though? Taking a chance on Broxton is more productive than sticking with a guy we KNOW for sure is not in the future plans. We had nothing to lose in taking a look at Broxton and not like we gave up anything of significance for him. We picked up Broxton because of his tools in the hope maybe he'd be a late bloomer. He was a low risk/high reward experiment which is exactly the kind of things we should be exploring right now. It didn't work out, but that's alright. Anyone you could get for $500K IBS is going to have red flags.

I think Richard has more chance of being productive than Broxton.