Mancini Drawing Interest

wildcard

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

TB could use a RH bat, and they’ve shown before how to work in players at multiple positions. 

Realistic win totals,

2020 - 45-50 (It’ll be a lot like this year, especially w/o Bundy/Cashner)

2021 - 55-60 (the position prospects and Current AA SP arrived , but not Hall and Rodriguez)

2022 - 70 (young nucleus, but first year together.  +15 wins is a huge leap)

2023 - 81 

This is why we need to have as many cheap assets in the 2022/2023 organization as possible. Mancini does us no good here. We need to sell high while he’s a .875 “COF” and not a run of the mill .800ish 1B.

if you trade Mancini now, that’s more of a chance of winning in 2022/2023

I don’t buy the face of the franchise love. Elias is the face of the franchise. We just drafted AR. We will have the #1 pick next year. Probably the next two years. That’s three #1 picks. Meet your faces of the franchise. 

I would put some serious money on the over if you wanted to offer an over/under of 50 wins in 2020 and even 60 in 2021. Only one team in the last 15 years has failed to win 50 games, a lot has to go right (wrong) to lose that many.

34 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I would put some serious money on the over if you wanted to offer an over/under of 50 wins in 2020 and even 60 in 2021. Only one team in the last 15 years has failed to win 50 games, a lot has to go right (wrong) to lose that many.

Yeah but how many teams have purposely been trying to lose as many games as possible in the last 15 years?  If the team trades Cashner and Bundy and doesn't sign anyone legit to cover innings next year a less than 50 win season seems a given.  

47 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'd be interested in seeing a list of teams where Trey would be the starting 1B.

Its a question of whether Trey can maintain his current pace for a whole season.

Right now there are only 8 first baseman that have a higher OPS. Trey is at  an 868 OPS.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/position/1b/sort/OPS/order/true

There are other factors such as contracts, 1B prospects, long term OPS vs one year and defense but Trey would be attractive to a lot of teams if he maintains his pace and contract issues were not in the way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its a question of whether Trey can maintain his current pace for a whole season.

Right now there are only 8 first baseman that have a higher OPS. Trey is at  an 868 OPS.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/position/1b/sort/OPS/order/true

There are other factors such as contracts, 1B prospects, long term OPS vs one year and defense but Trey would be attractive to a lot of teams if he maintains his pace and contract issues were not in the way.

Sorry you weren't able to name any teams where he would be the starting 1B..

11 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Sorry you weren't able to answer the question.

Its probably the best answer you have gotten so far.    If someone wants to go team by team and consider performance, contracts and prospects then you will get a better  answer.  Let's see if that happens.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its probably the best answer you have gotten so far.    If someone wants to go team by team and consider performance, contracts and prospects then you will get a better  answer.  Let's see if that happens.

It wasn't relevant at all, but thanks for trying.

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Just like betting red on the roulette wheel because black has come 5 straight times. It doesn’t mean red is due. 

I’m an optimist but a realist. Please tell me how this team is better next year than this year?  We could potentially lose Givens, Villar, Bundy, and Cashner. We’d only add Akin and Mountcastle. Maybe a healthy Hays and Harvey.

Elias isn’t going to rush the arms that are in Bowie now. He will give them a whole year in Norfolk just like for Akin.  The rotation will still be a train wreck.  Why rush anyone to get to a 45 win team?  

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I’ve looked through the league trying to find fits. So far I can only come up with,

Mancini to TB. Maybe Clev if Minn falls off. 

Cashner/Bundy & Givens to Milwaukee. 

It’s a buyers market. The good thing is that at least we’re the best team at losing this year with so many teams trying to. Get that #1 pick. 

11 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Just like betting red on the roulette wheel because black has come 5 straight times. It doesn’t mean red is due. 

I’m an optimist but a realist. Please tell me how this team is better next year than this year?  We could potentially lose Givens, Villar, Bundy, and Cashner. We’d only add Akin and Mountcastle. Maybe a healthy Hays and Harvey.

Elias isn’t going to rush the arms that are in Bowie now. He will give them a whole year in Norfolk just like for Akin.  The rotation will still be a train wreck.  Why rush anyone to get to a 45 win team?  

The team could be a lot better next season if things good the O's way.

SP - Means, Bundy, Cobb, Akin, Kremer.

RP - Harvey, Tate, Givens ???

OF - Mountcastle, Hays and Santander....Stewart

1B - Mancini

DH - Nunez

2B, SS and 3B ????  Alberto in there vs lefties.

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’ve looked through the league trying to find fits. So far I can only come up with,

Mancini to TB. Maybe Clev if Minn falls off. 

Cashner/Bundy & Givens to Milwaukee. 

It’s a buyers market. The good thing is that at least we’re the best team at losing this year with so many teams trying to. Get that #1 pick. 

I think you are talking about contenders at the deadline.  This is not the question that modbdotcom asked.

So you are saying that Toronto would rather have Smoak than Mancini?

The Cards like the production they are getting from Carpenter at 1b?

KC has someone better than Mancini at 1B?

There are probably 5 more if I looked into it that would take Mancini over what they have at 1B.

23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think you may be mixing things up a bit, as your analogy isn't particularly apt.  This isn't the case of gambler's fallacy. It's more like @MurphDogg is saying he would gladly bet on not-00 if someone offers him better than 1-37 odds (more like it would approaching 1-1 given he phrased it as O/U). 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think you are talking about contenders at the deadline.  This is not the question that modbdotcom asked.

So you are saying that Toronto would rather have Smoak than Mancini?

The Cards like the production they are getting from Carpenter at 1b?

KC has someone better than Mancini at 1B?

There are probably 5 more if I looked into it that would take Mancini over what they have at 1B.

I don't think the Cards are looking to replace Goldy at the moment, even though Mancini's numbers have been better this season.