Who is next?

mcloy

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

All I want back is 17 year old DSL prospects. 

You guys are gonna rue the day that Elias traded Cashner for two 17 year old DSL prospects because I'm just going to say thats all I want back in every make believe trade thread for the next year.  

And I don't just want ANY 17 year old DSL prospects, I want ones with no video and no pictures and only murky scouting reports to further annoy everyone here.  I don't even want 17 year old DSL prospects that have been ranked on a 20-80 scale, I want as little information about these guys as possible.  Even what they signed for is maybe a little too much information but I don't see how that's avoidable.  

As long as there's an unnamed scout that "likes the way the ball comes out of his hand."  Extra points if there name is highly unusual.  Maybe the O's can corner the market on players like Yorkislandy.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Solid players can be had in free agency without much investment, we would have signed an All-Star 2B on the cheap if Elias had been around long enough to know he should listen to Cy bundy; in trades a team in our position should go all upside. 

Trading Cashner & Givens is easily worth it if all we do is increase our odds at the #1 pick slightly. 

With the talent level on this team, I don't think they need any more help to get the #1 pick, unless you're talking about the 2021 pick.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Villar could be an upgrade for several teams that are in wild card contention.

I disagree, and his best, he is above average but nothing more, and he is rarely at his best. If there were a stat for “dumb move per game” I don’t think he’d lead the league(not while Beckham’s playing) but I bet he’d be in the top 5.

Don't see any of them fetching a top 100 prospect, but I think Givens could bring back a relatively solid haul if he pitches well up to the deadline and Elias plays his cards right and waits for the right deal.

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Givens can bring back something.  Teams always need bullpen help and he striking out 12.8/9.  He's only making 2.15M and he's got two more years of team control.

Givens is in a much different situation than Cashner. Obviously. TB just traded their #13 prospect, in a loaded system, to TEX for a guy that has barely pitched in the MLB. I think teams know who Givens is as a player. Just like they knew who Cashner was. 

Depending on the market, we could hold onto Givens and trade him in the offseason.  It looks like a buyer’s market.  

7 hours ago, mcloy said:

Don't see any of them fetching a top 100 prospect, but I think Givens could bring back a relatively solid haul if he pitches well up to the deadline and Elias plays his cards right and waits for the right deal.

Would you rather have one “Ryan McKenna” type or 2-3 “Gunnar Henderson” types?

At this point, give me as many lotto tickets as possible that can win the most money. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Would you rather have one “Ryan McKenna” type or 2-3 “Gunnar Henderson” types?

At this point, give me as many lotto tickets as possible that can win the most money. 

How about we say "Darrell Hernaiz" instead of "Gunner Henderson"?  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I see what you did there, but people are going to think you mean DSL players. 

Teams do have comp picks they can trade as well. 

I don't think you are setting realistic expectations choosing Gunnar.  I think Hernaiz is the more appropriate choice.

So we still can't trade with the Nationals? Hopefully Elias will be able to trade with them.  So who made it a law that we can't trade with the Nationals?

The Nationals had a scout at Camden Yards over the weekend and they also like Givens for a bullpen that’s in constant repair, but there are the obvious challenges in getting the two sides to work out a deal. That’s a hard one to consummate.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/07/whos-the-next-orioles-player-to-be-traded.html