Poll: Which Orioles player will get dealt in the next 10 days?

Greg Pappas

Which Orioles player will get dealt in the next 10 days?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which Orioles player will get dealt in the next 10 days?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/19 at 16:00

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I feel like moved/dealt is different than released.

I think SMith gets traded for a low level prospect in the international level.  He still is left handed bat with bit of pop. Maybe someone that Elias has liked In past. Probably a 17 or 18 year old down there.

2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

I think SMith gets traded for a low level prospect in the international level.  He still is left handed bat with bit of pop. Maybe someone that Elias has liked In past. Probably a 17 or 18 year old down there.

Why would anyone want Smith?  I think he gets DFAd soon enough and he reports to the minors.

20 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

Mancini, Villar, Givens are the most likely IMO. Mancini's value may be as high as it ever will be, but i agree with GP, not sure if there's a strong enough market for his position. 

If Mancini isn't bringing back what's needed to trade him, I'm fine with keeping him.  It's win-win either way.

• Like 1

Givens is the only player traded.  

Bundy is on the IL. 

Villar is cheap enough that's it's not worth giving him away for next to nothing.  We don't have any MI's in the minors ready to step in next season.  

It will be interesting to see if some team steps up and offers us a nice package for Mancini.  Possible but not likely IMO.  

It’s kind of surprising how much value is placed on valueless players. Smith, Alberto, Nunez, Ruiz, Wilk all have near zero value. Even if they are playing well their flaws are so glaring no one would actually trade for them. Waiver pickup? Sure. But give anything of real value? Naaaah. I like several of those names, but I don’t pretend that other GMs lie awake dreaming of putting Alberto or Villar at 2B and storming through October.

Givens maybe. Possibly Fry, because everyone loves a lefty and he’s cheap as yesterday’s newspaper.

otherwise, naaah. We are terrible for a reason.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Givens and Villar to the Rangers

The Rangers are folding tents. Daniels is a smart enough GM to avoid the very low hanging fruit of the 2WC, especially when the Rangers are about 4 games back behind three other teams.

the Diamondbacks, on the other hand...

8 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Thus far 53% of the voters have selected Villar, while a whopping 93% chose Givens

I took both.

I think Givens is basically a lock. Villar is 50/50. I think one reason the Orioles may move him is financial. They may feel like they can handle 2nd with Alberto and Wilkerson next year. 

• Upvote 1