I don't want to hear this "chemistry" crap

mikezpen

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every Double Play that Millar hits into with a runner in scoring position endears me less and less to him. Double plays are usch rally killers and it seems that we have a few guys that hit into them more often than not. Chemistry is something that good teams have and talk about, not teams with losing records. I've coached basketball for a number of years. We've had good teams that won a ton of games and didn't have great chemistry. We've had good teams that won and they had incredible chemistry. I've never in all my years coached a losing team so I really don't know how important chemistry is when you're losing. I think that chemistry is very important when you're talking about a team that athletically isn't quite there but there is that special something that keeps you on the winning side.

Here we go again...

People on this board don't like "chemistry" because you can't slap a stat on it. It can't be quantified.

And for a board, that is consumed with WHIPS, DIPS, and potato chips, salaries and numerous hypothetical trades, the notion of chemistry, this thing that cannot be measured by a number, is frustrating.

And therefore, it's dismissed. It's not important.

But if it's important to the players and they believe in it, I'll take their word for it.

We agree 100%:)

Every Double Play that Millar hits into with a runner in scoring position endears me less and less to him. Double plays are usch rally killers and it seems that we have a few guys that hit into them more often than not.

Coming into tonights game, Millar has hit into 5 double plays... the fewest of any of the regular starters... including Brian Roberts who has 6!

I'm not into exotic statistics either. All I know is that the core of all this great hitting is a bunch of guys in their 30's having career or near-career years.I get little satisfaction from that. I don't care how happy they are.With Jones down, they have one young guy up there and they won't play him.

They'll be lucky to win 12 games the rest of the year given their pitching. Let's see how relevant all that chemistry is then.

Archived