Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/25)

OFFNY

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Jordan Montgomery or Paul Goldschmidt.    I think they are possible at Elias' favorite 1-year term and cost the Orioles about the same money they paid Burnes and Santander this season.    ARZ might have use for a Ryan with Christian Walker gaining free agency. Whatever deal in the Jackson Chourio ballpark is financially tolerable to all for Samuel Basallo. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/instagraphs/the-2025-free-agent-tracker-is-here/ Skimming the options decisions coming up 5 days after the World Series, I think Michael Wacha and Sean Manaea did well enough to not exercise their player options, and go back out there.    The Cardinals may troll the board by not picking up Kyle Gibson's mid-tier option.
    • Maybe as a 11 year old in the 79 series it just felt like Omar was getting on base like every time. You are right I can't think of too many that may be available but goodness I'm convinced this team the way they are constructed will not get it done without some different type of hitters to offset this just relying on power 
    • I've said before that I'm expecting payroll to hover around 20th. But Elias didn't actually say anything.  I don't blame him and I'm not upset about it,  I'm just making an observation.
    • Yea now that you actually explained it in English, sure.  I think your entire perception is bs but I can understand why.
    • I have never seen him say anything accept in the Adam Jones podcast of all things. He actually was a bit interesting in that.  
    • I thought Elias would take this team philosophy from a swing the for fences low OBP bunch to a group more focused on working counts, getting on base, and making contact. It appeared that way to me before the wheels fell off around mid season. I’m sure it’s been exaggerated here but we can’t seem to score runs without hitting dingers. Do you get it now? 
    • I think when Elias says they will be smart about it, he just means that they aren’t going to spend money just to spend it, especially if they think it will be a bad deal in the long run.  When Elias was hired, he referenced that he wanted to build a “healthy” organization that didn’t have a bunch of bloated contracts that they would regret later (which was clearly a jab at the Chris Davis deal), so I think they look at all of this on a case by case basis and let their models/projections dictate what they think is reasonable and what isn’t.  Obviously, you have to go outside of your comfort zone at times if you want to get a player that you truly covet, and I have a feeling that with Rubenstein now owning the team, Elias will be more inclined to go more outside of his comfort zone than he otherwise would have with Angelos owning the team, as I think Rubenstein will be more willing to take risks to get good players than Angelos was.  
  • Popular Contributors