I hate the Yankees

25 Nuggets

I hate the Redsox way more than the Yankees. The Yankees stop buying everybody and have stuck to a 180 million dollar payroll. They made great trades and developed a great farm system, the way teams should do things. i can't really say I hate them anymore. It's way better than what we do in our organization who can't develop anyone.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:58 AM, Frobby said:

Years ago after a bad loss to the Yankees, I started a thread called "I hate the Yankees with the passion of 1,000 burning suns!"    It seems to have been lost to the sands of time.     But it still applies!

Burning. Suns.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

I could argue that we should be going for it NOW, because in a year or two we're likely to face a decade of Yankee dominance regardless of whether we try to rebuild or not.   

Yes, but we are not good enough to win anything right now. Our best starting pitcher--Bundy--is feeling the stress of throwing so many innings and no one else is that good. Instead, we should be looking to do what the Yanks did last year and cash in on our assets. 

7 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

They do?

• Luis Severino - 3.54 ERA, 3.16 FIP
  • Jordan Montgomery - 3.65 ERA, 4.04 FIP
  • CC Sabathia - 3.81 ERA, 4.19 FIP
  • Michael Pineda - 4.39 ERA, 4.65 FIP
  • Masahiro Tanaka - 5.47 ERA, 5.03 FIP

Their bullpen is the issue right now for pitching. But that's because Chapman and Betances have just completely fallen apart the last 2 weeks. 

You think that's a good staff? 

59 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's certainly not a bad one.  Tanaka is the only one really holding them back.  

Where would we be with three starters that had ERA's under 4?  

No one on that staff is going to cause opposing offenses to lose sleep. 

12 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

No one on that staff is going to cause opposing offenses to lose sleep. 

They don't have to have a guy like Kershaw, especially with the offense they cultivating.  If you've got three guys that have a 3 ERA and a bullpen with guys like Betances and Chapman, you should be ok. 

If Tanaka can get it figured out they'll be in good shape.  

2 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Yes, but we are not good enough to win anything right now. Our best starting pitcher--Bundy--is feeling the stress of throwing so many innings and no one else is that good. Instead, we should be looking to do what the Yanks did last year and cash in on our assets. 

I don't hate the Yankees or  BoSox. Wish the O's organization was more like them. 

Betances has never impressed me. Yeah, he throws hard, but that's about it. Chapman is good, most of the time, but he's not exactly automatic. 

Their lowest starting ERA is 3.54 That's not a good staff IMO. Unless they fix that, winning a championship will be hard. 

7 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Betances has never impressed me. Yeah, he throws hard, but that's about it. Chapman is good, most of the time, but he's not exactly automatic. 

Their lowest starting ERA is 3.54 That's not a good staff IMO. Unless they fix that, winning a championship will be hard. 

Well you're just hard as hell to impress, aren't you?