The Rubber Match (vs. ROYALS, 8/21)

OFFNY

I’m watching at MLB.com, so I’m not listening to the play-by-play. Is there anything really appealing about Brooks’ pitching? Is he just cannon fodder for the rest of the year to throw innings, or is there something worth developing in his pitching repertoire or delivery or style?

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I’m watching at MLB.com, so I’m not listening to the play-by-play. Is there anything really appealing about Brooks’ pitching? Is he just cannon fodder for the rest of the year to throw innings, or is there something worth developing in his pitching repertoire or delivery or style?

I'm seeing innings eater to get the pitching staff through the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I don't see anything.  He'll probably go the way of Hess and others as soon as we have someone else worth giving a shot to.

Just now, SteveA said:

Record tied.  No team in MLB history has allowed more HRs than our 2019 Orioles.

Congrats guys it was a team effort.  Don't forget to give credit to departed guys like Mike Wright, Yefry Ramirez, and Pedro Araujo.

You left off Straily, 22 HR in 47.2 innings.

What?  That has to be wrong!

Geez.

Well, I guess that's a theory.

But actually, Hyde did use two guys off the bench.  In addition to putting Martin in the game, he inserted Wilkerson in center field, removing Stewart, for the ninth inning.

If you're going to use two guys as defensive replacements when you only need to hold a lead for one inning, I don't know why you wouldn't use three.

Edit - This was a response to the last post on the first page of this thread.  I didn't realize so many other posts had been entered in between.

Edited by WillyM

I see both Merrifield and Santander's HRs were to LF.

Legend of Joey posted a picture on Twitter from his seats.  Looks like he is in the 3rd row in the vicinity of the 364 sign.  

Either one in his neighborhood?  Can't be too many fans to compete with if one comes your way.