The Rubber Match (vs. ROYALS, 8/21)

OFFNY

3 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Supporting your team, no matter how bad the situation is ........ my kind of fan.

o

I’m in Taiwan with my wife, and last night her sister in law took us to a fancy hotel for a fancy dinner it was a combination of Buffet and really fancy sit down menu.

Well I was returning from my second trip to the coffee bar, I saw a Chinese man wearing a 1994 Baltimore oriole shirt. I had just about 30 seconds earlier finished posting something here, and I pointed at him and I said, “Baltimore orioles yay!” And he looked at me for a second and then laughed and said “yes! Baltimore orioles” We gave each other a thumbs up and I went about my business.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Visiting my mother in upstate New York again, game day only for the next four days.  I'll be the one asking questions like "describe just how stupid that baserunning play was" or "should Peterson have caught that ball in left?".

On the bright side I won't see the silly players uniforms this weekend.  I always visit my mother around her birthday which always turns out to be the weekend they wear them.  So believe it or not I've never seen them live, just looked up video on the web to see what they look like 

4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Winning the rubber match of this series is much more important than the HR record in this year of the juiced ball.

I'm going to the gym ........ bring it on home, fellow Oriole fans.

o

Were all here comrade, through the good and through the bad.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m in Taiwan with my wife, and last night her sister in law took us to a fancy hotel for a fancy dinner it was a combination of Buffet and really fancy sit down menu.

Well I was returning from my second trip to the coffee bar, I saw a Chinese man wearing a 1994 Baltimore oriole shirt. I had just about 30 seconds earlier finished posting something here, and I pointed at him and I said, “Baltimore orioles yay!” And he looked at me for a second and then laughed and said “yes! Baltimore orioles” We gave each other a thumbs up and I went about my business.

And you're sure it's not just an "I like the duck" situation?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Palmer on a rant.

Yeah, about bunting against the shift and they have to play you differently.  I'm remember that fanfest a ways back some O's fans were politely chiding him to lay a bunt against the shift.  He kind of brushed it off but kind of admitted to trying it.  He never did though.

"The way those clubs shift against Ted Williams, I can't understand how he can be so stupid not to accept the challenge to him and hit to left field."  -Ty Cobb

Of course Ted Williams did quite fine regardless.  On the other hand, end of the career Raffy, not so much.