Orioles are on FOX this Thursday

eddie83

On 9/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, weams said:

Yankees starting rotation appearing in that series. Shame to do that to the kids in bowie. Severino, Montgomery and  Betances et al 

Yeah I saw that too. Reminds me of what the Indians did a few years ago too in the AA playoffs. Baseball is just so slow to adapt common sense practices. Make a rule saying you have to play in x amount of games to be playoff eligible, but the milb teams probably love the mlb’ers playing. 

Back to the OP, the game on Fox was weird. It was cool they focused on Means with an interview during an inning. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah I saw that too. Reminds me of what the Indians did a few years ago too in the AA playoffs. Baseball is just so slow to adapt common sense practices. Make a rule saying you have to play in x amount of games to be playoff eligible, but the milb teams probably love the mlb’ers playing. 

Back to the OP, the game on Fox was weird. It was cool they focused on Means with an interview during an inning. 

The last time a MLB team cared about an affiliated minor league playoff race was in the 1950s.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:44 PM, SteveA said:

If the Dodgers clinch the division on Wednesday they'll probably put out a minor league lineup Thursday, as is tradition the first day after clinching.   And of course we'll put out... our lineup.

Fox might be better served showing the Bowie/Trenton game that night.

It was a regional game. Most of the country ended up getting the Braves/Phillies game on Fox. 

Archived