August 15th @ Detroit

Big Mac

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they showing the games on TV?
I believe they showed one live and two on tape delay.

If you go here:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/baseball/index.html

you can watch pretty high-quality video (at least on my laptop it is), either live or replay. The video feed is kinda cool - no announcers, but at the bottom of the page are text play-by-play on the left and discussion on the right. I kinda like it.

You can also sign up for alerts, and they'll email you when the game is about to start.

I know how much people dislike the Red Sox, but the attention that they get for the Jimmy Fund is really great. The radio-telethon was yesterday and today. Last year, they raised $3.7M. This year, the goal was $4M and they're at almost $4.2M right now, with it ending around midnight. I've been listening to it on the radio at work, and some of these kids are really inspiring. I think they said something like $2M of it have been through donations of $100 or less. Curt Schilling called up and donated $50,000. Say what you want about the Sox, but I've got to respect the hell out of 'em for standing up for such a great cause.

Brian Matusz Interview:

BM: Glad things came together.

Buck: Next step?

BM: Next Friday will be announced at Yankees/Orioles game. Then head to Aberdeen and work out with Ironbirds.

Buck: AFL or Hawaiian League?

BM: Will go to Aberdeen to throw side sessions to try and get in one of the leagues.

Buck: Style of pitching?

BM: 4 pitch-pitcher. Like to compare myself to Cole Hamels of Phillies; like to use change-up as out pitch.

Buck: Thrown since college season?

BM: Throwing on a consistent basis over the last month so he can get going.

Buck: How long until game ready?

BM: Slight chance he could join an affiliate to finish the season. Says he is in shape but depends on the Orioles.

Buck: Any players you've played against in the Orioles organization.

BM: Familiar with Brad Bergesen. He was going to come to San Diego and was friends with one of my roommates, but that is it.

BM: Glad to be going to the Orioles, whom are trying to build a contender through pitching.

Buck: Did you see Camden Yards?

BM: Saw it briefly yesterday to take physical and thought it was gorgeous.

Buck: We cant wait to see you in the organization!

Nice and easy conversation.

Is this a game thread?

Archived