As team rebuilds, Orioles have big plans for its main jewel, Camden Yards

Going Underground

3 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Damn, at 5'10 I'm beginning to think I'd be the starting center on the OH basketball team ;)

I am 6’ 2”.  Short people may have a hard time seeing over rails but airplanes are a lot more comfortable for them so things even out.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am 6’ 2”.  Short people may have a hard time seeing over rails but airplanes are a lot more comfortable for them so things even out.  

True dat.    Never fly on Iberia Airlines.    I nearly had to be put into traction after a 2 hour flight from London to Madrid.   I guess there are no 6’2” people in Spain, other than the Gasol brothers.   

On 11/7/2019 at 2:24 PM, Frobby said:

What is the upside to reducing the number of seats?    The stadium shell is what it is.   Of course, I’m a tall guy, so if they wanted to give each row a couple more inches of leg room, I wouldn’t complain.   

And wider seats!

18 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

You should have rebuild the 63 and just built one of those cheap tiny homes. :) :) :)

I've thought of that quite a lot.  I could personally live in 200 square feet, as long as I have a full garage.  The hundreds of thousands of dollars saved would have paid not only to restore the split-window, but also a whole fleet of cool and unusual cars.

The issue, as is often in life, is the strongly-held counter-opinions of the wife and kids.  Although I could get my 11-year-old to buy into almost any plan that involves us acquiring a Lamborghini, Lotus, Morgan, etc.

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2019 at 9:32 PM, DrungoHazewood said:

Just taking every opportunity to mess with the olds before I turn 50.

I get my 50 ticket punched this June. I think the modern measurement of aging is when you click on those drop-down website menus to select your year of birth and realize you have to keep scrolling and scrolling. 

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't disagree.  But if young families want a section that caters to their demographic and keeps out the 25-year-olds who want to chug $100 worth of stadium beer, and that helps sell some tickets, I'm good with it.

One of my major problems with life in general is the pervasive idea that we should be very, very afraid of everything all the time.  Buy my products, vote for me... and I will save you from the Boogeyman who is standing behind every corner.

The world is harsh. You can not be protected. Live your life. 

On 11/9/2019 at 7:23 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

I've thought of that quite a lot.  I could personally live in 200 square feet, as long as I have a full garage.  The hundreds of thousands of dollars saved would have paid not only to restore the split-window, but also a whole fleet of cool and unusual cars.

The issue, as is often in life, is the strongly-held counter-opinions of the wife and kids.  Although I could get my 11-year-old to buy into almost any plan that involves us acquiring a Lamborghini, Lotus, Morgan, etc.

Trust me my friend. I understand exactly.