Waiting for the Axe to fall

Philip

12 hours ago, weams said:

Great link. I’m immediately interested in any of the prospects left unprotected by Hou, TB and the LAD. Also, anyone that could play 3B or SS. With that being said, there’s some names available. 

HOU - 25) Jonathan Arauz, SS/3B (we talked about him during the Britton trade talks w/Hou)

LAD - 23) Cristian Santana, 3B/1B 

TB - 12) Moises Gomez, OF

Minn - 7) Wander Javier, SS 

Mil - 14) Lucas Erceg, 3B/1B

I think we should take 2-3 guys in the Rule 5. My reasoning is the same it’s going to be every roster move this offseason... We’re staring down another 100 loss season, and now there’s a 26 man roster.

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Great link. I’m immediately interested in any of the prospects left unprotected by Hou, TB and the LAD. Also, anyone that could play 3B or SS. With that being said, there’s some names available. 

HOU - 25) Jonathan Arauz, SS/3B (we talked about him during the Britton trade talks w/Hou)

I think we should take 2-3 guys in the Rule 5. My reasoning is the same it’s going to be every roster move this offseason... We’re staring down another 100 loss season, and now there’s a 26 man roster.

I am always interested in any ballplayers named Moises or Santana...lol. 

I'm curious about these Rule 5 eligibles:

Astros

Name                                  age        level       era         IP            H            BB          K’s          avg               WHIP     rank      

Brandon Bailey                 25.0       AA          3.30       92           72           41           103        .212       1.22               FG21

Yohan Ramirez                 24.5       AA          3.99       106        64           74           158        .172       1.30              

Carlos Sanabria                22.8       AA        2.84       66           42           40           86           .176       1.23               FG31

Yankees

Daniel Alvarez                  23.3       AA        2.29       59           41           23           76           .193       1.08

Trevor Lane                       25.5       AA        2.05       74           45           26           74           .170       0.95

James Reeves                  26.4       AA          1.79       67           41           26           83           .177       1.00

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Here's a possible:

Kyle Holder, meanwhile, has been one of Double-A Trenton’s best hitters with a .278/.335/.434 batting line and 124 wRC+ this year. He’s good at putting his bat on the ball and already was a wizard with the glove. His future as a middle infielder in the Majors looks brighter than it did a year ago. https://viewsfrom314ft.com/how-the-yankees-farm-system-looks-after-a-stagnant-deadline/

I think the O's will be enticed with the younger rule 5 eligible players who might not be the best now but, anticipating a down year this year, could store one or two on the roster. Some of the rule 5 eligible players still carry "prospect" value with higher ceilings than the rest. Maybe the Orioles could take on another Anthony Santandar like rule 5 prospect.

Edited by JMU_Birdfan

I'd like to see us ditch the theory of having any low ceiling, short outing, relievers on the team.  We're not ready to win.  We're nowhere near having a set bullpen.  We need players that can go multiple innings.  With that being said, I'd like to see us take a SS and a 3B in the rule 5, and see if we can get lucky.  We're also going to lose 100 again, at the very least we should be looking for everyday players.  

Because our prospect list has so many pitchers on it, I am thinking they will focus on middle infielders.

Can Ruiz stick at third base and hit well enough? His defense is OK, I think, but he doesn’t it very well.

And of course, at second and short we have a whole lot of questions and at the moment no answers at all. Are we going to keep Villar? Is Martin going to get another season in the Bigs? He did hit better at the end of the season, but well enough? And so on. Fun times ahead! 

6 hours ago, 7Mo said:

Here's a possible:

Kyle Holder, meanwhile, has been one of Double-A Trenton’s best hitters with a .278/.335/.434 batting line and 124 wRC+ this year. He’s good at putting his bat on the ball and already was a wizard with the glove. His future as a middle infielder in the Majors looks brighter than it did a year ago. https://viewsfrom314ft.com/how-the-yankees-farm-system-looks-after-a-stagnant-deadline/

Sounds good to me.

When you’re stealing, you go to the best neighborhoods, and the Yankees farm system is one of the best neighborhoods let’s go snap up some of their stuff.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Whats the deal with Zack Brown on the Brewers? Bad stats One year in the PCL and they don’t protect him - I dont get it.

Yeah, he sticks out to me too. If you look at his home/road splits, he was fine in San Antonio (not great but a 4.19 ERA with the 2019 ball is fine), just got hit around in those road games. They might prefer prefer a high upside guy, but Brown is definitely more interesting than some of the players we had starting for us last year, and would be near the Akin/Kremer level of prospect (Fangraphs has all three as 45 FVs). Someone should take him and give him a shot in spring training.

• Upvote 2