Big thank you to Luhnow, Hinch and the Houstons

HowAboutThat

2 minutes ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

Also, a very minuscule thing: Thank you for making every draft selection spot, second round and later, just a little tiny bit better.

Especially since Houston probably has very similar evaluation criteria to ours, and thus a decent possibility of choosing the exact player we’d like to choose, just a couple of picks ahead of us (after our first round pick).

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, hoosiers said:

Who else cheated?  Didn't the Os think for most of Buck's time here that Toronto was cheating with their sign stealing when we were on the road there?

Yes. That is my recollection. Buck definitely thought they were up to no good. 

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Yankees sure hit us like they knew what was coming. That and our pitching sucked! :D

Is using analytics to counteract "pitch tipping" the next new thing?  Reports said that Cora could detect pitch identification without technology.

Just now, bobmc said:

Is using analytics to counteract "pitch tipping" the next new thing?  Reports said that Cora could detect pitch identification without technology.

I think anything you can do without technology is game. Saying that, if you get peeking into the catcher's sign when you are at bat you are getting drilled. that's how the game policies itself!

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I think anything you can do without technology is game. Saying that, if you get peeking into the catcher's sign when you are at bat you are getting drilled. that's how the game policies itself!

I guess what I meant was analyzing your own pitchers, for example, during the spring or anytime to be sure that pitchers aren't tipping the pitch by their actions/mannerisms.  This should have been obvious for years however.  We should hire Cora to assist us in that effort.  ?. And it's not cheating.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I guess what I meant was analyzing your own pitchers, for example, during the spring or anytime to be sure that pitchers aren't tipping the pitch by their actions/mannerisms.  This should have been obvious for years however.  We should hire Cora to assist us in that effort.  ?. And it's not cheating.

Except for the fact that Cora should never be anywhere in the game ever again. He is not apologetic, his statement bordered on the defiant, and it is clear that he thinks he did absolutely nothing wrong. He should be banned for life he should be banned from stadiums and he should be banned from appearing on any network owned by major-league baseball