Beckham returning?

Sir_Loin

Since I am playing with someone else’s money ?, I would rather bet a $3M ML contract on Scooter Gennett.   Torn hamstring derailed his 2019.  He will be 30 years old on May 1.  His career OPS vs RHP of .816 would combine well with Hanser.  Pretty much a 2B only, but has dabbled at 3B and some LF.   The problem is he made 9M plus last year.   How low has his stock fallen?   Fun fact: Scooter is a Sarasota HS grad.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JimGinSP said:

Since I am playing with someone else’s money ?, I would rather bet a $3M ML contract on Scooter Gennett.   Torn hamstring derailed his 2019.  He will be 30 years old on May 1.  His career OPS vs RHP of .816 would combine well with Hanser.  Pretty much a 2B only, but has dabbled at 3B and some LF.   The problem is he made 9M plus last year.   How low has his stock fallen?   Fun fact: Scooter is a Sarasota HS grad.

We’re in the milb portion of the offseason. I don’t seem Gennett getting that. Needless to say, we could bring both in. 

3 hours ago, interloper said:

He's on the side of signing a much less risky player who is younger and similar in talent level, than overpaying for a meh player like Holt. Meh players should be minor league deals.

Holt has more talent and doesn’t have a PED suspension.  All Beckham does is strike out, make errors and get suspended.     I see zero reason to have Beckham anywhere near our team. 

28 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Beckham has also played occasionally at 1b - he really could be a reasonable multi utility type.

When he was here before and moved him.around he didn't like it. My impression was he sees.himself as a SS only.

28 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Beckham has also played occasionally at 1b - he really could be a reasonable multi utility type.

2 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

Steve Wilkerson isn’t exactly Ozzie Smith out there

I don’t disagree, but he tries his best, and Beckham has a reputation for periodic slacking, As well as being completely mentally absent at times. Plus, Stevie is making league minimum.

But remember, the choice isn’t between Stevie and Beckham, the choice is between Stevie and “anybody” there’s no reason to bring Beckham on board.

8 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

When he was here before and moved him.around he didn't like it. My impression was he sees.himself as a SS only.

Yes, but he played a few games there for Seattle last year and maybe even his knucklehead ego has begun to realize...ummm having a baseball job is better than not having one. 

25 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Yes, but he played a few games there for Seattle last year and maybe even his knucklehead ego has begun to realize...ummm having a baseball job is better than not having one. 

I never sensed a problem with Beckham’s attitude.    He’s just not that good a player. I really don’t care if we sign him to a low cost MiL deal, it certainly wouldn’t offend me.    But I have no illusion that he’s a good player.   

• Upvote 2