Chris Davis, 2020

Frobby

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The less time Davis spends in camp the less time he has to be negative influence on the younger players. I'd be perfectly fine with him not showing up until late March. 

And aside from perception does it really matter if he is or isn't putting the time in and/or trying to improve at this point? He can dig all he wants, but he's never getting out of this hole. 

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The less time Davis spends in camp the less time he has to be negative influence on the younger players. I'd be perfectly fine with him not showing up until late March. 

And aside from perception does it really matter if he is or isn't putting the time in and/or trying to improve at this point? He can dig all he wants, but he's never getting out of this hole. 

He can "climb" is what I meant to say. 

My analogies will make much more sense after I finish my first cup of coffee ;)

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

Pretty big news on the second tweet. 

I'm sure they talked about it. I'm even more sure it was about how stupid it would be for him to do. I really wish he would stop trolling O's fans with this "i'm thinking of retiring" garbage. We have it bad enough as it is, we don't need to hear how Davis is seriously considering throwing away 10s of millions of dollars when we all know that will never happen.

3 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I'm sure they talked about it. I'm even more sure it was about how stupid it would be for him to do. I really wish he would stop trolling O's fans with this "i'm thinking of retiring" garbage. We have it bad enough as it is, we don't need to hear how Davis is seriously considering throwing away 10s of millions of dollars when we all know that will never happen.

It does complicate whether or not Elias wants to release him if he thinks there's a chance Davis will give up the rest of the contract. Just from our point of view it seems like Davis is stringing Elias along. But I'm sure they've had more in depth conversations. 

40 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Has he ever talked publicly about walking away before?  I remember him talking about his frustration several times, but never quitting before the end of his contract.  I think this is significant however unlikely it might be.

3 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Has he ever talked publicly about walking away before?  I remember him talking about his frustration several times, but never quitting before the end of his contract.  I think this is significant however unlikely it might be.

No, to my knowledge this is the first time he's mentioned it.