The ACC vs Big East Thread

mweb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
USF with a termendous win over a top 15 team.

Yeah, Kansas is probably like the 4th or 5th best team in the Big 12. So far USF is probably the best team in the Big East, and they were at home. In no way is that a tremendous win.

You're a very reasonable man in the other forums, and I know a lot of what you post in these threads is all in good fun, but you gotta face the facts. The Big East stinks this year. You can take some solace in the fact that the ACC stinks, too, if you want.

Yeah, Kansas is probably like the 4th or 5th best team in the Big 12. So far USF is probably the best team in the Big East, and they were at home. In no way is that a tremendous win.

Kansas may end up there but it was a team the voters considered to be top 15 caliber. It is a program coming of a season where they were a BCS Bowl Game winner and didn't lose much of the firepower that let them reach those heights.

You're a very reasonable man in the other forums, and I know a lot of what you post in these threads is all in good fun, but you gotta face the facts. The Big East stinks this year. You can take some solace in the fact that the ACC stinks, too, if you want.

It is shaping up to be an off year for the BEast and I do take solace that the ACC is where it is. One thing I do think we're seeing this year is the SEC separating itself even further from the other conferences. Conferences like the B10 and maybe even the P10 are a lot closer to the BEast and ACC than they are to the SEC.

If the ACC were to get rid of Swofford I wouldn't enjoy the ACC's struggles, it could be just another major football conference that's hit hard times. I'm just extrodinarily thankful that the ACC has been as bad as its been in recent years making it impossible for Swofford to try use his influence (now that he's the big cheese as BCS coordinator) to try and do to the BEast what he wanted to do several years ago - strip their BCS bid.

HAHAHA! Another bad loss for the Big East and WVU!:D:P

Luckily Louisville is stepping it up to pick up the slack... It makes the last couple of nights a draw. Friday night UConn will get things moving back into the positive category for the BEast.

At this point I think it may be better for WVU to lose 4-5 more games and call a mulligan on their coaching decision... Stewart's gameday coaching ability makes RichRod look like Bill Belichick. He truly is an embarassment.

Luckily Louisville is stepping it up to pick up the slack... It makes the last couple of nights a draw. Friday night UConn will get things moving back into the positive category for the BEast.

At this point I think it may be better for WVU to lose 4-5 more games and call a mulligan on their coaching decision... Stewart's gameday coaching ability makes RichRod look like Bill Belichick. He truly is an embarassment.

A draw, I think not. Louisville winning at home against a team that went 5-7 last year does not come close to making up for WVU, the team that was supposed to be the top Big East team, losing at Colorado, who is not supposed to be that good.

And I think it's time to give up on getting things back into the positive category, at least during the regular season. Beating Baylor at home, who won 3 games last year and lost at home to Wake by 28 points is not going to move the meter much regardless.

A draw, I think not. Louisville winning at home against a team that went 5-7 last year does not come close to making up for WVU, the team that was supposed to be the top Big East team, losing at Colorado, who is not supposed to be that good.

Others will step up. Louisville finally got their guys healthy and they are going to go on a nice run with a QB that might be the 1st QB drafted. You are going to see the incredible depth of the BEast as WVU takes a back seat this year. It won't be pretty and they'll struggle in the rankings for a while but this will not be the year that the BEast's BCS winning streak ends. Whomever steps up and takes it will be better than and beat whomever they play just like the new BEast does every year.

And I think it's time to give up on getting things back into the positive category, at least during the regular season. Beating Baylor at home, who won 3 games last year and lost at home to Wake by 28 points is not going to move the meter much regardless.

As much as it pains me to say it, the ACC could actually pass the BEast in the short term if Miami wins this weekend. However, there is plenty of time for redemption. Those that count the BEast out at this point do so at their own peril.

I'm not holding my breath to see the incredible depth of the Big East considering no one has looked good other than South Florida. Sure maybe Louisville has a good season, so that would be two good teams, not much to get excited about.

Sometimes I have a hard time really believing that you believe everything you write about the Big East, it just doesn't seem to matter what's happening in reality, you'll still talk the Big East up, it's amazing.

I'm not holding my breath to see the incredible depth of the Big East considering no one has looked good other than South Florida. Sure maybe Louisville has a good season, so that would be two good teams, not much to get excited about.

Ye of so little faith. Randy Edsall would like to introduce you to his team... I know, I know, easy to overlook since they don't have that long tradition to fall back on but they are a quality team.

Sometimes I have a hard time really believing everything you write about the Big East, it just doesn't seem to matter what's happening in reality, you'll still talk the Big East up, it's amazing.

Ever since I was a youngin it's been a dream of mine to one day be Commissioner of the BEast. That's why it's important to me that all my schools get the respect they so richly deserve. ;) I'd like in some miniscule way to be the counterbalance to those who consider other conferences to be good because UM and FSU used to be good once or Michigan used to be good, etc. and discount the achievements of better teams just because they don't have a long tradition.

Ye of so little faith. Randy Edsall would like to introduce you to his team... I know, I know, easy to overlook since they don't have that long tradition to fall back on but they are a quality team.

Ever since I was a youngin it's been a dream of mine to one day be Commissioner of the BEast. That's why it's important to me that all my schools get the respect they so richly deserve. ;)I'd like in some miniscule way to be the counterbalance to those who consider other conferences to be good because UM and FSU used to be good once or Michigan used to be good, etc. and discount the achievements of better programs just because they don't have tradition.

Why should I take your word on any Big East school this year? No offense, but your track record speaks for itself and you're very biased.

Who are you counterbalancing on this site? I'm not seeing all of these people who are talking up the ACC and Big Ten.

Why should I take your word on any Big East school this year? No offense, but your track record speaks for itself and you're very biased.

Since the BEast expanded... Undefeated in BCS play... Unless/Until they fail we should all have confidence in their ability to beat anyone.

Who are you counterbalancing on this site? I'm not seeing all of these people who are talking up the ACC and Big Ten.

The National Media... Randy Edsall's team can't even crack the top 35 while teams like Nebraska, Illinois, VT and North Carolina are ahead of 'em... It makes no logical sense whatsoever and is a level of bias I'd have to streatch a long way to reach.

Since the BEast expanded... Undefeated in BCS play... Unless/Until they fail we should all have confidence in their ability to beat anyone.

The National Media... Randy Edsall's team can't even crack the top 35 while teams like Nebraska, Illinois, VT and North Carolina are ahead of 'em... It makes no logical sense whatsoever and is a level of bias I'd have to streatch a long way to reach.

Haha, yeah, I should really be confident in them playing against a top team given how they look.

So your answer to my question is no one.

And why should they be above those teams? For beating UVA? They did barely beat Temple the week before, that's obviously an issue. And they were ranked last year, so I'm not sure there is much bias involved here. Them losing their last two games last season by a combined 59 points doesn't help either. But they actually are 35th in both polls, so not sure what you're talking about there.

But yeah, I see your point, Illinois and UNC are traditional powers, so of course they'd get the benefit of the doubt.

Archived