OOTP 2020 VIRTUAL ORIOLES SEASON

Tony-OH

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Interesting that you did a simulation if the Orioles had signed Grich and Reggie Jackson to extensions.  Would be interesting to see what would have happened if we hadn't traded Decinces for Dan Ford.   Or didn't trade for Glenn Davis.  

4 hours ago, atomic said:

Interesting that you did a simulation if the Orioles had signed Grich and Reggie Jackson to extensions.  Would be interesting to see what would have happened if we hadn't traded Decinces for Dan Ford.   Or didn't trade for Glenn Davis.  

I did not make that trade either! :D Maybe one day I'll write it all up. It was fun and pretty cool how it worked out.

22 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sold!

I also saw a review on another website yesterday, apparently they have all kind of random, obscure leagues.  Like the Czech baseball league was an option.

My long-term sim is kind of ludicrous.  I have the majors, the real minors, the Continental League as a 3rd major, three levels of Continental League minors, the indy leagues as they existed in 2006, the leagues in Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Germany, Netherlands, Mexico, China, Cuba, several winter leagues, 5-6 fictional indy leagues, a Greenland Ice Baseball League, and a league in Sao Tome and Principe that plays a 230-game schedule.  50 leagues in total.  I closely follow my team in Whitehorse, Yukon in the CBL, and occasionally browse around the rest of the universe to see what kind of crazy things are happening.  Almost every league is free to trade with and sign free agents from every other one.  My league has been going since 1988, the rest of the universe since 2006.  The league files are like 8 Gb.

And if you really want some insight into the depths of my madness, I'm in the midst of a project to fix the ancient history of the Continental League.  When I discovered OOTP in 2000 I imported the CBL, but due to obscure technical reasons I couldn't bring in all the history.  When I go to the history tabs everything is complete from 2000-on, but pre-1999 is kind of a mess.  I'm trying to import hundreds upon hundreds of old players so that they appear in team histories and leaderboards using text/spreadsheet imports/exports.  It'll probably take many, many work-days to complete.  All for a league that never really existed except in my head.

Perfect for a lazy corona virus telework month.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1