How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think the 2nd wave will hold off until the Fall, and the FLU season.

That said, I dont think COVID goes away this summer, just a steady decrease in the numbers.

IMO

If this is the case then I don’t think football games will be in the works either. 

4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Did they? I never seen pictures. Just people in still shots wearing masks.

They all stopped wearing them, when round 2 hit and thats why so many people died back then.

well-baseball-flu-articleLarge.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

If this is the case then I don’t think football games will be in the works either. 

I think Football season starts in August, COVID should be in hand.

But, if it flares back up in Oct/Nov, there goes the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Because I still had the Google images tab open...

On 5/6/2020 at 3:28 AM, scOtt said:

Slip that cartridge into the hole! HOT tape on tape action!

That is until the cassette ejaculates the tape all over the head and then one had to pull it all apart to free it.

I am beginning to think I already had the coronavirus.

I went to Disney World last week of January and came back with a bad cough.  It lasted for a week.  Then in the Month of February I felt fatigued.  And had a rash over my back and my face.  Also had piercing headaches and I never get headaches.  Went to the doctor at end of February and she gave me cream for rash and said if it didn't get better go see your dermatologist and did blood work and scheduled MRI and CAT scans.  

Well my rash didn't improve with cream.  I canceled tests as didn't want to get infected.  Blood work came back fine.  Fatigue went away a week or so later and rash went away too.  Now I don't have headaches or Fatigue anymore after having it for a month. l

Today looked up rash and covid and saw it was a common occurrence.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29144297/mlb-return-play-proposal-expected-week-sources-say

The sooner MLB accepts that there won't be a season this year, the better. People are not going to go to the park, the integrity of the game will be compromised, and they will have to shut it down again anyway, as soon an outbreak occurs among the players. Their efforts to hold on to their revenue stream are beginning to look pathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

ame back with a bad cough.  It lasted for a week.  Then in the Month of Febr

3 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29144297/mlb-return-play-proposal-expected-week-sources-say

The sooner MLB accepts that there won't be a season this year, the better. People are not going to go to the park, the integrity of the game will be compromised, and they will have to shut it down again anyway, as soon an outbreak occurs among the players. Their efforts to hold on to their revenue stream are beginning to look pathetic.

None of their plans seem realistic.  Especially when they can't stick to a plan. 

So they plan to have spring training in each team's stadiums. So they expect the governors and mayors of all the teams even the Canadian team to be fine with this?

They expect the players to take payroll cuts to their already pro-rated salary something the players don't want to do.   Seems like they are just dreams. 

58 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I agree, one single MLB player getting COVID will shut everything down because a whole team will get shut down. You can't play if a whole team can't play. 

I don't really see a point to playing this year. Plus a second wave will come in the Fall during the playoffs, should they not be shut down by then. 

52 minutes ago, interloper said:

I agree, one single MLB player getting COVID will shut everything down because a whole team will get shut down. You can't play if a whole team can't play. 

I don't really see a point to playing this year. Plus a second wave will come in the Fall during the playoffs, should they not be shut down by then. 

The point is money.

I'm trying very hard to stay out of this thread because I have some very strong opinions about all of this.

Saying that, baseball and the other professional leagues will return this year. It will not cause any problems and life will begin to look somewhat like normal again. 

At the very least socially distanced seating and TV revenue will enable the sport to continue. Heck, I've been socially distance seating for years when I can because I don't like someone sitting next to me cramping up my space as a I watch the game! :D

While some people may choose not to come, and I would expect a significant decline overall in attendance, there is a large group of people that will have no problem sitting in Camden Yards, drinking a beer, and watching a ball game this summer. 

This used to America where we were allowed to choose what was best for us. If you choose to stay away, that is your right and I respect that, but I'm betting baseball will be played by July 4th! 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1