COVID-19 and the Orioles

NCRaven

Since baseball shut down in March, Major League players only received a very small portion of their salaries.  For the Orioles, that means that they are using up one year of Chris Davis' contract at almost no cost to the team until they start playing games.  They may have to pay 50% of his salary and probably less than that.

COVID - 19 starts with C(hris) and ends with D(avis).  19?  Uniform number?  Coincidence?  I think not.  I begin to see the plan....  Just saying....

Note:  If someone else thought of this three months ago, feel free to delete.  

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

Since baseball shut down in March, Major League players only received a very small portion of their salaries.  For the Orioles, that means that they are using up one year of Chris Davis' contract at almost no cost to the team until they start playing games.  They may have to pay 50% of his salary and probably less than that.

COVID - 19 starts with C(hris) and ends with D(avis).  19?  Uniform number?  Coincidence?  I think not.  I begin to see the plan....  Just saying....

Note:  If someone else thought of this three months ago, feel free to delete.  

That's great and all until you consider that their revenue has been practically zero.

I think they'd rather pay the man if it meant  making money again.