Fake crowd noise

MurphDogg

Haven't heard whether all teams are using it, but there will be some fake crowd noise this year.

Based on this tweet from Roch, sounds like the Orioles will have it at Camden Yards.

Interesting article yesterday in The Athletic about the Red Sox plan for fake crowd noise and how there will be a single DJ/MC mixing the crowd noise.

Curious what everyone's thoughts are. I watched soccer with and without it, and I thought it was better to have it.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

What I saw yesterday is that all teams will be using it and it is in fact a league mandate to use it.

I just wonder if the "home" crowd at OPACY will cheer when the Red Sox and Yankees do well?

I hadn't heard it was a league mandate, only an option. This CBS article from today seems to draw the same conclusion.

Can't imagine the "home" OPACY crowd will cheer for the Yankees and Red Sox. I don't think they do so in MLB the Show, even though they arguably should.

15 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Haven't heard whether all teams are using it, but there will be some fake crowd noise this year.

Based on this tweet from Roch, sounds like the Orioles will have it at Camden Yards.

Interesting article yesterday in The Athletic about the Red Sox plan for fake crowd noise and how there will be a single DJ/MC mixing the crowd noise.

Curious what everyone's thoughts are. I watched soccer with and without it, and I thought it was better to have it.

The soccer implementation on TV is fine.  It feels more like a normal game, and you're not normally panning the lack of crowd, reminding you it's fake.

But in stadium?  That might be a little strange.  If I were in charge of it I'd probably get fired.  I'd have to insert heckling.  Bird noises.  Pterodactyl noises. Train crashes.  Ralph and Alice fighting.  Every Yankee or Sox at bat greeted by a deafening chorus of boos.  Every Rays at bat greeted by dead silence.  Random, jarring, loud shouts of "balk" while the opposing pitcher was at the set position.  "Move it along *$@%($%" every time someone steps out to fix their batting glove.

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Right..if the Orioles can trade for Brenton Doyle (my favorite top target), why should we care that his salary is low? Also in that scenario, Mullins is likely gone, so payroll would actually go down I believe. But someone like Bemore wins would still complain because the payroll isn’t where he thinks it should be.
    • From here https://www.mlb.com/orioles/stats/ops/regular-season
    • Where are you getting your stats from that's not correct looking at OPS.
    • On the O's this year, Martinez would have been: 5th in OPS 5th in AVG 6th in HRs in 120 games
    • I think PFF is grading Roquan badly because the safeties behind him are playing like ass and it's making him look bad.  If teams are going to attack him over the middle on crossing routes with WRs (like KC did with Rice) he doesn't really stand much of a chance if the safeties behind him don't throw him a bone.  He's still a huge help in the run game.   In general I think PFF assigns a little too much blame to linebackers on passes over the middle, so unless you're an elite coverage guy at LB it's really hard to grade well.  The flip side to this is that teams probably need to adjust their coverage areas to account for the fact that LBs aren't going to be able to hold down WRs for long.  
    • Thanks. This tells me what my eyes have seen with Roquan. He's been a liability in coverage and the fact that Simpson is ahead of him is not good for our defensive leader. Do you have the PFF grades for offense too?
    • What you want is perfectly reasonable.  But you seem entirely to focused on money.  The team needs to work to improve.  I don't care what it costs, you shouldn't either.  They are going to spend money and payroll will be higher next year and the year after that.  We need them to make improvements and some of that is rightfully going to come from within and not cost much. The improvements that are needed are going to cost too, I'm not saying they wont.  But ownership and the GM should simply work in tandem to make sure the team has what it needs.  I am not really concerned about how much that costs because it should be able to be done without jumping this particular team into say top ten in payroll.
  • Popular Contributors