MASN broadcast overhaul - Palmer, Thorne, others out

MurphDogg

They might not be the daily announcers in 2020, but according to Connelly’s piece in The Athletic, Palmer and Dempsey will have some involvement during games via phone and video conferencing.

Sounds like the team is protecting the announcers and Palmer and Dempsey will stil be involved.

I wonder if Dempsey or Davis will still do the post game?

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Sounds like the team is protecting the announcers and Palmer and Dempsey will stil be involved.

I wonder if Dempsey or Davis will still do the post game?

Rob Long and Mike Bordick will be the primary people on the post game.  Dave Johnson will be an occasional fill-in for Bordick, and Brett Holla see or Melanie Newman will fill in if Long is unavailable.

I listened to the radio call Saturday, while doing home improvement work.  I enjoyed Brown and Arnold quite a bit.  Are they Miller and Angel?  No, but nobody else is.

I watched the MASN feed today.  Sure am going to miss Gary Thorne this season.  Hopefully he’s back in 2021.

• Upvote 2

I’m finding the artificial background noise on both the TV and radio very annoying.    It’s more like a dull hum than something that sounds like real crowd noise.    Almost like the white noise machine we turn on to distract our dog when other dogs are barking outside.    

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m finding the artificial background noise on both the TV and radio very annoying.    It’s more like a dull hum than something that sounds like real crowd noise.    Almost like the white noise machine we turn on to distract our dog when other dogs are barking outside.    

The feed from Fenway today sounded like cicadas...

A lot of the other games around the league have sounded more natural to me.