Do you plan to watch tonight’s game?

Frobby

Do you plan to watch tonight’s opener?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to watch tonight’s opener?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/20 at 23:30

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Absolutely.  Even if it's a heavily asterisked-season, it's Opening Day for crying out loud.  Why wouldn't you watch (assuming you have access to do so)?

If I was working I'd be taking a Vacation Day (night) for Opening Day!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Bought MLB.TV and had full intentions on watching it, and as many games as I could fit into my schedule this year.  Now I'm attempting to cancel my subscription and don't plan on watch it, or any other baseball this year.  

Sorry to hear it, hope you are able to find another safe space.

• Upvote 1

I would if I could. I hope something gets rained or something and some is on a national broadcast.  With YES pulling off most TV options and no games against the Mets I won’t see much Os this year.  Was banking on tonight’s game being on TV given it’s Boston’s opener.  Boo. 

6 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Sorry to hear it, hope you are able to find another safe space.

Has nothing to do with safe space,  simply I don't want political statements thrown in my face with every pitch or at bat.  Baseball was the one place where a person could relax and just watch the darn event without the crap of what going on in society in your face.   I don't care if we are talking BLM or the NRA, Trump or Biden, baseball was an escape for me, but no longer is.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Has nothing to do with safe space,  simply I don't want political statements thrown in my face with every pitch or at bat.  Baseball was the one place where a person could relax and just watch the darn event without the crap of what going on in society in your face.   I don't care if we are talking BLM or the NRA, Trump or Biden, baseball was an escape for me, but no longer is.  

I understand. As I said, sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find another escape that is safe from politics. Maybe golf? Or bowling? I watched a lot of bowling when there was no other sports on. The PBA is back now but watching the old events was still fun for me because I didn't know who was going to win.

My soul is malnourished and I will devour this sorry excuse for a real baseball game with fervor. I will suck it dry of all the Orioles baseball it has to offer and I will leave its desiccated corpse behind me as I look immediately towards the next game. I will take my hesitance that there should even BE baseball right now and I throw that thought directly into the trash because the baseball bloodlust will have fully and completely overwhelmed my being. I will know no obstacles in my singular quest to consume this baseball game messily and with gross indulgence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1