Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

People getting all worried about this but who cares?  So, some team(s) end up playing 45ish games..so what?

What they need to do is go to a 50 or 60 man roster, instead of 40.  Teams don’t want to cut a bunch of players just to field a team.  So, allow them to bring up as many as needed.  This isn’t really that difficult.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

People getting all worried about this but who cares?  So, some team(s) end up playing 45ish games..so what?

What they need to do is go to a 50 or 60 man roster, instead of 40.  Teams don’t want to cut a bunch of players just to field a team.  So, allow them to bring up as many as needed.  This isn’t really that difficult.

Until someone ends up dead or with serious long term health issues.  Then it will be difficult.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:ntil someone ends up dead or with serious long term health issues.  Then it will be difficult.

That could happen with a lot of things you come in contact with.  I mean, I guess if you want to live your life afraid, have at it.

The players can opt out.  They aren’t being forced to play. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

That could happen with a lot of things you come in contact with.  I mean, I guess if you want to live your life afraid, have at it.

The players can opt out.  They aren’t being forced to play. 

Right.

That doesn't change the fact that if someone does end up with a very poor outcome that it won't end up "difficult".

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Right.

That doesn't change the fact that if someone does end up with a very poor outcome that it won't end up "difficult".

Yes, anyone dying will be difficult.  Thank you for pointing out the obvious.  :)

Whats not difficult is maneuvering around this issue.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Last playoff spot comes down to two teams.  One is 24-21, the other 31-29.  Who goes?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yes, anyone dying will be difficult.  Thank you for pointing out the obvious.  :)

Whats not difficult is maneuvering around this issue.

Precisely. By cancelling the season, before the MLB has to pretend to be shocked that 100+ players have an incurable virus that totally couldn't have been prevented 

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Last playoff spot comes down to two teams.  One is 24-21, the other 31-29.  Who goes?

They already expanded the playoffs to 8 teams, I will not be all that broken up if the 9th best team gets into the playoffs over the 8th best team.

Just now, orioles119 said:

Spare the theatrics.

We literally have someone who tested positive before the season started with Myocarditis, something commonly indicated in such "lowly disease" as HIV, ricketts, chlamydia, and polio. If there was a polio breakout in the MLB we wouldn't be having this conversation right now- nobody did with Spanish Flu.