Orioles Hall of Famer Mo Gaba passes away

Roll Tide

Really sad news to hear the little Mo has passed at age 14. He was a very nice kid who bled Baltimore Sports. 

He was a regular caller on 105.7 the fan and appeared at many Orioles and Ravens events. A shout out to guys like Trey Mancini, Adam Jones, Orioles and Ravens players who spent time with him. Also to the Orioles and Ravens organizations that took the time to honor the young kid at team related events.

And a big shout to the team for awarding him the Wild Bill Hagy award and his induction into the teams Hall of Fame!

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2020/07/os-superfan-mo-gaba-elected-to-orioles-hall-of-fame.html

I’m not sure if there is a way we can take a collection here or maybe through @Roy Firestone’s foundation for his family. 

My heart goes out to his mother who must be heartbroken and has endured the helpless struggle of having a child battle a life threatening disease.

CANCER SUCKS!

RIP Little Mo! 

https://meaww.com/rip-mo-gaba-14-years-orioles-ravens-superfan-captured-entire-sport-cancer

• Upvote 3

Ravens wrote on their official Twitter account, "Thank you for everything, Mo. Rest In Peace" while Orioles shared, "Forever #MoStrong Thank you, Mo, for sharing your joy and contagious laughter with the team and all the countless memories we will never forget." Little Mo came to be known among the fanbase through his calls to 105.7, the fan’s sports programming in 2015, at the age of nine. He also went to form strong friendships with several of his favorite baseball players. 

Although Mo isn't among us anymore, his role in building the sports community will also be remembered and appreciated. On hearing about his demise, Baltimore players and fans took to social media to pour tribute. While Justin Tucker of Ravens tweeted, "Miss you already, bud. Thank you for blessing us with your spirit!", Minor League Baseball team's Bowie Baysox wrote, "Rest In Peace, sweet Mo. Our heartfelt condolences go out to his mom Sonsy, his family, friends, media & Baltimore players who grew so close to him. He fought so hard & was a treasure to the Baltimore sports community."

https://meaww.com/rip-mo-gaba-14-years-orioles-ravens-superfan-captured-entire-sport-cancer

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Really sad news to hear the little Mo has passed at age 14. He was a very nice kid who bled Baltimore Sports. 

He was a regular caller on 105.7 the fan and appeared at many Orioles and Ravens events. A shout out to guys like Trey Mancini, Adam Jones, Orioles and Ravens players who spent time with him. Also to the Orioles and Ravens organizations that took the time to honor the young kid at team related events.

And a big shout to the team for awarding him the Wild Bill Hagy award and his induction into the teams Hall of Fame!

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2020/07/os-superfan-mo-gaba-elected-to-orioles-hall-of-fame.html

I’m not sure if there is a way we can take a collection here or maybe through @Roy Firestone’s foundation for his family. 

My heart goes out to his mother who must be heartbroken and has endured the helpless struggle of having a child battle a life threatening disease.

CANCER SUCKS!

RIP Little Mo! 

Very sad to hear of this. I had gotten a YouTube notification the O's had named him to their Hall of Fame last night, but had not gone to the clip yet. Loved hearing him on TheFan when he called in. Sweet boy. So sad for his family. Heartbreaking. (edit: watching the clips now. Tears.)

• Upvote 1

He was a special young man that could teach all of us a thing or two on how to handle adversity. His love of the Orioles and Ravens gave him lots of reasons to look forward to life even when things seemed to always be going against him healthwise. He fought so bravely and any who were lucky enough to be around him were touched in some way.

If I can take any solace in this it's that he is no longer in pain.

RIP Mo. You will never be forgotten!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He was a special young man that could teach all of us a thing or two on how to handle adversity. His love of the Orioles and Ravens gave him lots of reasons to look forward to life even when things seemed to always be going against him healthwise. He fought so bravely and any who were lucky enough to be around him were touched in some way.

If I can take any solace in this it's that he is no longer in pain.

RIP Mo. You will never be forgotten!

Well said Tony.  I saw someone post on Facebook that Mo was able to watch his first Oriole game tonight.  Good bless Mo.

• Upvote 1