vs. YANKEES, 7/30

OFFNY

16 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

A  little premature?

o

No.

I always type that whenever the Orioles take the lead against the Yankees or the Red Sox, whether it's the 2nd inning or the 9th.

o

3 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

OK, NOW I can turn off the game. Aaron Judge is just another A-Roid. Can't believe the Skanks get so many players like that who can play at an ultra high level for what feels like decades. While cheating constantly and barely getting a slap on the wrist.

Jorge Julio indeed. The O's still suck, boys. :(

Did you need this moment to realize this? 

Look at this roster. It's ridiculously bad.

It will be interesting to see how long Elias is allowed to put out absolutely horrid teams during this rebuild? By trading Bundy and Villar, he told the fans he's completely tanking this season and after losing Mancini, this team may be the worse team in Baltimore's history as a franchise.

With this being an abbreviated season, will we have to deal with another horrid AAAA season next year too? Things to ponder.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's be honest here, when Cole Sulser is your best option to close out a game against the Yankees after you used up Bleier and Givens when down a run, you're not going to win a lot of games.  Guess you could have argued that Hyde could have swapped Givens and Sulser.

I don’t have a problem with the pitching choices tonight. I wouldn’t have brought in Lakins, but he did well. I understand why Hyde pulled Bleier, but I don’t have a problem with letting Sulser take the ninth. It just didn’t work out.

Edited by Philip

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

It will be interesting to see how long Elias is allowed to put out absolutely horrid teams during this rebuild? By trading Bundy and Villar, he told the fans he's completely tanking this season and after losing Mancini, this team may be the worse team in Baltimore's history as a franchise.

With this being an abbreviated season, will we have to deal with another horrid AAAA season next year too? Things to ponder.

You can argue that this is more of a cost-cutting period than a rebuild. I think people just need to adjust their expectations. 3-4 years is not realistic in this case. 2025 is when I think we may start seeing a bit of an uptick. The question, though, is can it go that long?

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is season number two under Elias, who took over a team with the worst record in MLB. It’s a weird one and it just started. Seems a little early to wonder “how long can this continue?”