Richard Bleier Traded to Miami

oriolesacox

44 minutes ago, makoman said:

Actually, its Bleier who has been used primarily in low-leverage situations in his career. 465 career PA's at low-leverage, 144 PA's at medium-leverage, and 127 PA's at high-leverage. He has been excellent at high-leverage however, posting a 567 OPS against (vs. 652 at medium-leverage, and 744 at low-leverage.)

Fry has a similar career amount in high leverage, in 116 PA's. But he is just 94 at medium-leverage and 216 low-leverage, so he has pitched to a much higher proportion at high-leverage. But while Bleier did his best work at high leverage, Fry was the opposite: 754 OPS against high-leverage, 748 against medium-leverage, and 668 against low-leverage. So Bleier has stepped it up in more important situations (if that's a thing), or maybe over time it will even out.

Edit: All of that information is from Baseball-Reference, and I don't know if that's the best place to measure leverage.

o

Well, it's better than just making it up and hoping that nobody else checks.

o

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Lol, those who know me will attest to the fact that I'm the guy who walks outta the house without something I need. Same as not remembering the OP and the premise. 🤣 And we're in agreement there. Mateo is a good piece is and I often think the same with regards to Mullins or Hays. These are not guys around whom to build your team but can be useful in trade packaged with a prospect who is either blocked positionally (Norby) or who they just don't see as productive ML players (Stowers).  And yes, y'all those are suppositions, so save the angry responses, they're just examples. Mullins and Hays are nice role guys and getting older. They can help a contender, but they're never going to headline a deal in the same way Mateo won't.  Agree about Mateo getting on base to have a chance to wreak havoc, but I think especially with Mateo a contender will value his defense, including his versatility and positional value. Maybe a package for a TOR that includes one or more of these pieces packaged with Povich and Norby/Stowers, Basallo? gets the team that guy who DOES move the needle and steps in for the loss of Bradish. For now....another move to solidify the pen probably needs to be addressed.
    • If Gunnar were in AAA at 22 he would have 30 HRs in 48 games with an OPS of 2.000
    • Literally don't care about the walks. Cowser walked a lot - how did his .400+ AAA OBP translate to the majors?  All I want to see is XBH from Holliday. We know he can work a walk on crappy AAA pitching. Once he hits for more consistent power, we'll know he's ready. 
    • If Elias put his glasses on to see the future, I doubt he'd trade for Burnes knowing 3/5ths of the rotation would need TJS.
    • Coby Mayo in AAA this year: 48 games .301/.370/.617/1.048 13 2B, 2 3B, 15 HR 20 BB, 56 K 41 RBI Gunnar Henderson in his AAA career: 65 games .288/.390/.504/.894 13 2B, 4 3B, 11 HR 38 BB, 78 K 38 RBI It's well past time to call Coby up
    • I'm not sure if you just don't like him and are being intentional but it's Irvin, not Irwin. Ben McDonald calls him Irving. It's just Irvin.
    • This is along the lines of what I was thinking. DeLeon, Bradfield and McDermott are painful to part with but I think you need about 3 prospects that will hurt like that on top of Kjerstad and Norby. And I think the White Sox will want 2 good pitching prospects in that type of deal.  I’d obviously prefer to give up some lesser pitching prospects, but the only pitching prospects I’m not all that fond of and think we could deal as a “sell high” are Johnson and Baumeister. And their value is not high enough to move the needle that much. I’d do that deal you proposed and I think the White Sox do too, or at least they won’t get a better offer than that.  Have Suarez piggyback Crochet, and keep Crochet around 3-4 IP, 50-60 pitches per start until September when you stretch him back out. And maybe you can plug in Povich or Irvin for some spot starts when there aren’t off days to give Crochet 5 days rest when you can, or skip some starts when you can if he needs it. 
  • Popular Contributors