vs. NATIONALS, 8/8

weams

Just now, scOtt said:

How could I forget Walter Johnson ???

o

Really, Scott ........ especially since you were one of the few St. Louis Browns fans who were invited to his 29th birthday party in 1916.

o

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Hard to say how hard Walter Johnson threw, and compared to flame throwers today. The fact is in his time he threw significantly harder than everyone else. Even if it was only 92-93, everyone else was hitting 82-83.

Listen, my friend, there's no man alive that can throw harder than Smoky Joe Wood.

-Walter Johnson

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

This is even better. I could go off on Walter Johnson all night. One of my all-time favs.

Why do all the stars of old baseball look like somebody’s grandfather? Nobody looks like they’re 25 or 27 or even 29, they all look like they’re pushing 50.

By the way, I like the music very much. It sounds like something Elgar might’ve tossed off in one of his lighter moments.

• Upvote 1

Just now, scOtt said:

I've kind of been missing the game, on a tangent. We've hung on by the skin of our teeth so far. We need to get something going and get some runs on the board. This game is still winnable.

I've been obsessing over the new IT album.

It's the kind of crazed fusion stuff that butters my grits.

14 minutes ago, scOtt said:

That too... ? I just really don't like anything about the Gnats. Everything about them pisses me off.

God has punished me for making fun of you. I just dropped half a cigar into a pile of filth off my porch. I'm heartbroken for the loss.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've been obsessing over the new IT album.

It's the kind of crazed fusion stuff that butters my grits.

I haven't been listening much, mostly post and run. I'll have to check them out. Imperial Triumphant right?