vs. PHILLIES, 8/11

OFFNY

Just now, allquixotic said:

I'm curious, is his TTTP any different between bases empty vs. runner on base (especially on first)? Even if his mechanics are the same, he might be rushing it out there with a guy on first. Would need a stopwatch to tell the difference, but to him it could make all the world in difference in his delivery.

Could be rushing. Ben did mention his body not catching up to his lead leg, with which I agree. 

• Thanks 1

It worked out in the end, but starting Scott out on each batter with a slider in the dirt made zero sense - he was an automatic ball one on each count.  His slider very effective when he's ahead in the count - that's when he should use it - not.... to start out 1 and 0 on everyone!

1 minute ago, Matt Bennett said:

I don’t see a reason to pull Cobb there. He was at 71 pitches and gave up 3 hits so far in the game. That inning was a soft single and a walk. 

Previous game pitch counts: 78, 87, 86 

It's a short season, so bullpen fatigue is barely an issue. Any team with this many players can afford to tax their bullpen heavily for a 60 game sprint. I think in some years when the O's starters were particularly bad, we started noticing bullpen fatigue riiiight around the 60 or 70 game mark in a regular season. That's basically the end of this season, so why not gas 'em? We might lose in the playoffs as a result, but just getting to the playoffs will be a great motivator for the team and fans. Maybe if we're lucky they'll actually earn a title, like division champs or something.