Orioles Beat The Phillies In 10 Innings (8/11)

cboemmeljr

6 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

That was the first game of the final series of the 2011 season, where the Orioles won that final series to help knock Boston out of the playoffs on the last day, and at the last moment.  You can pair this play up with Andino's famous game winning RBI single in the season finale two games later.

I wonder how many Boston fans still carry around an Andino voodoo doll that they jab from time to time when the mood strikes?  ?

Do fans of teams like the Sox think that way?  Or do they just look at years like 2011 as one of those weird years they didn't win the World Series and laugh about it?  I ask because the last time I rooted for a team that acted like winning was a birthright I was 14.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Do fans of teams like the Sox think that way?  Or do they just look at years like 2011 as one of those weird years they didn't win the World Series and laugh about it?  I ask because the last time I rooted for a team that acted like winning was a birthright I was 14.

That's a good question.  I honestly don't know.

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Yankee fans of a certain age are still pissy about Bill Mazeroski ("we outscored them by so much that series!"), and Red Sox are more neurotic than they are, so I would assume so. 

11 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't know about fans of the Sox, or that particular year.  As a New Orleans Saints fan however, I can tell you that the playoff losses in 2011, this year against the Vikes, and two years ago against the Rams stung pretty bad.  Not so much against the Seahawks in 2013 (the year they won the Superbowl), or that fluke against the Vikes in 2017 (most thought the Eagles were the team of destiny that year anyway).  It would come down to if they felt the Red Sox were competitive enough that year to win the series.