Momentum is the next game's relief pitchers.

wildcard

Hyde has used  Sulser, Castro, Givens and Larkin two days in a row.  I imagine they will get a day off today.   That means the pen is Armstrong, Scott, Fry, Phillips, Hess and Akin.   Eshelman went 4 innings in his last start and might be able to go five but not having some of the key relievers may make it harder to win.

Runs early will be difficult because its a 4 o'clock game with shadows and then there is Arrieta.  So the O's probably have a  better chance to score in the 6th through the 9th.   On the plus side a day game after a night game might see Davis on the bench.

• Thanks 1

o

The Orioles have 13 innings to cover tomorrow when the two teams meet in addition to this afternoon's game ........ so in  addition to getting jobbed because of the incompetence of the Nationals' grounds-crew, the Orioles' bullpen is going to have a pretty tall order in terms of continuing to find a way to scrape by over the next few days until their next day off on Monday.

o

• Upvote 2

Interesting situation where we know we have a save opportunity on Friday. I think that is why Hyde went back to back with the big 3. They get a day of rest and will all be available to close out the Nats on Friday. 

I agree, best guess would be Akin, Phillips, and Scott today, with Fry and Hess if needed.

42 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Interesting situation where we know we have a save opportunity on Friday. I think that is why Hyde went back to back with the big 3. They get a day of rest and will all be available to close out the Nats on Friday. 

I agree, best guess would be Akin, Phillips, and Scott today, with Fry and Hess if needed.

He is also skipping Milone today.  He could be the first pitcher in the suspended game.

According to Roch, Milone and Wojo are starting Friday and Saturday's regular games vs Washington.

He also says we will be allowed an extra pitcher for tomorrow's regularly scheduled game.  Never heard that before.   When the roster was 25 last year, you were allowed to bring a 26th guy up for a doubleheader.   This year, they said that would go into effect only when the rosters went down to 26 which was supposed to happen next Thursday.   But now the rosters won't go down to 26 at all.   There have been a bunch of doubleheaders with no extra player allowed.

But Roch says: "Both teams will get an extra player for Friday night’s game, which follows the resumption of last Sunday’s suspended game.".

So anyway, I mostly agree with Aristotelian, where our pen is Akin, Phillips, Scott, Fry, Hess today.

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

And while the Nationals have off today, the Orioles have 13 innings to cover tomorrow when the two teams meet in addition to this afternoon's game ........ so in  addition to getting jobbed because of the incompetence of the Nationals' grounds-crew, the Orioles' bullpen is going to have a pretty tall order in terms of continuing to find a way to scrape by over the next few days until their next day off on Monday.

o

Nats are playing the Mets as we speak. 

• Thanks 1