Trying to Avoid the Sweep (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/19)

OFFNY

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

If Davis is playing, the Os don’t care about winning, that’s all it is.

I still do not believe this . But your point of view might be a point of view that more and more people will  share with you soon !!!!!

5 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Dwight Smith starting to redeem himself a little bit. The hit was legitimate. We then got a HUGE gift from the Buffalo outfield to score a run and tie it up on that.

Valaika! Good job getting the second run in!

I thought for a second that Smith was going to stay at third while that ball got kicked around.

I don't hate the aggressive baserunning by Valaika, but it does speak to the bad luck and bad baserunning we've frequently run into of late. We get ourselves out a lot. 

What's more annoying about that flyout throw-em-out double play is that we had a runner on second. So, you know, let them get the fly out, and we have another chance to knock in two runs.

At least we got the lead. I'm not optimistic yet, but I'm no longer agitated.

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

I don't hate the aggressive baserunning by Valaika, but it does speak to the bad luck and bad baserunning we've frequently run into of late. We get ourselves out a lot. 

What's more annoying about that flyout throw-em-out double play is that we had a runner on second. So, you know, let them get the fly out, and we have another chance to knock in two runs.

At least we got the lead. I'm not optimistic yet, but I'm no longer agitated.

It’s been a back and forth type of game for a 2-1 game if that makes any sense. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It’s not hard to diagnose the Yankees’ problem - they’ve allowed 6.5 runs per game in that 20-game stretch.  Some Yankee ERA’s in that span: Cole 6.75 in 4 starts, Stroman 6.43 in 4 starts, Rodon 10.89 in 4 starts, Gil 9.37 in 4 starts.   Cortes (2.70 in 4 starts) is the only member of their rotation who’s producing.   Meanwhile in the pen you have Clay (the All-Star) Holmes at 9.00 ERA, Caleb Ferguson 9.53, Phil Bickford 14.40, Ron Marinaccio 6.75, Victor Gonzalez  9.82.    And people think the Orioles have pitching problems? The offense basically has been fine at 4.75 runs/game in this stretch, down a bit but nothing dramatic.   Struggling guys include Gleyber Torres (.620 OPS), DJ LeMahieu (.521), Alex Verdugo (.495) and Anthony Volpe (.473).     
    • Of course if you can buy low in Luzardo you do it, but I doubt Miami has any intention of doing that.  The Orioles also need help now, not someone on the IL so I think their focus will be elsewhere.
    • We will be fine and Elias is negotiating. I personally like the idea of calling the Reds for Lodolo or Greene. Reasoning behind it is you could include Mountcastle and maybe Hays/Stowers. They need big league offense fast and Mounty would go in as there second best hitter immediately.
    • I have a hard time believing Miami takes that deal.
    • @Can_of_Corn has provided the most level-headed reactions and perspective in this otherwise  over-reactionary thread.  @ Frobby as well, to a lesser extent. I looked at the AL roster.....it is stacked....with deserving ALL Stars, and I really can't make an overwhelming case for anyone to come off of the AL Roster in favor of an Oriole.  And, for the record, I love watching Orioles play in the All Star game as much as anyone else.    And, just because we have one of the best teams does not necessarily mean that we somehow have the most All Stars.....it could mean that, but it doesn't have to. Let's be happy we have a lot of really good players.  Remember the year our only All Star rep was Ty Wigginton?  Let's be happy folks.......there's enough in this world to get upset about, and this ain't one of them.  
    • The O's went 18-12 in that brutal stretch, then immediately went on a 6-game west coast swing where they went 4-2. Impressive. Do other teams have any 30 games in 31 days stretches in their schedule?
    • Kind of frustrating how well Boston has played this year given expectations. And they always seem to have a good farm. 
  • Popular Contributors