Akin promoted, LeBlanc done for the season

MurphDogg

This opens up a spot on the 40-man roster.

Note for pedants: it is the 45-day IL, not 60-day this season, as was inaccurately tweeted.

Unclear whether Akin will be replacing LeBlanc in the rotation or if it will be Eshelman (or Lopez, although Means would seem to still need a piggy-back partner). I imagine we will find out soon.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Note for pedants: it is the 45-day IL, not 60-day this season, as was inaccurately tweeted.

Unclear whether Akin will be replacing LeBlanc in the rotation or if it will be Eshelman (or Lopez, although Means would seem to still need a piggy-back partner). I imagine we will find out soon.

So if it's the 45 day DL, LeBlanc could be back on the team by the ALCS.   A 60 day DL would put him out of the picture until the World Series.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So if it's the 45 day DL, LeBlanc could be back on the team by the ALCS.   A 60 day DL would put him out of the picture until the World Series.

I am kind of a pedant myself but it bugs me that all of the Orioles beat writers tweeted out the exact same misinformation re: 45 v. 60 days.

Apparently many other teams are still referring to it as 60 days this year.

Also, Steve, it is the IL now. Get with the times!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

If Means started getting hitters out he wouldn't need a piggy-back partner.

• Upvote 1