Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Yea, but you think the Orioles won't be in contention until 2077, when they're the Austin Roughriders and Baltimore has long since been flattened to make way for a new expressway between DC and Philly.

I believe the Atlantic Ocean will flood Baltimore before the expressway arrives.  

7 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

and DJ Stewart who would never have made it out of A ball if he had not been drafted in the first round.

This is pretty dumb because he's put up some decent numbers.   But I'll say that I believe DJ Stewart is going to get more opportunities because of his draft status than a guy putting up the same numbers who was drafted later.

Fight me, @Can_of_corn

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I thought Regan was retirement age when he was the O's manager 25 years ago.  Good for him.  Besides Connie Mack, who owned the team and couldn't be fired, I've never heard of a MLB coach or manager that old.

Jack McKeon was 80 when the Marlins hired him for the last 90 games of the 2011 season.

10 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Yaz, 2-4 tonight with a two run HR (4) vs the Dodgers tonight.

Wait!  What?  The new brigade (and @Can_of_corn) expunged Little Yaz.  @wildcard and the rest of us wanted to see him flourish with the O's, but "he probably needed a change of scenery".  ⚾  Oh well!

For sure, Joey Rickard is gonna be a monster somewhere, like Christian Walker, I know it!  ?

Dan Duquette had a history with the Red Sox and certainly knew Grandpa Carl, even if only from spring training visits.  With the ship sinking last September you might have thought Dan would have given the younger Yaz a call up more as a warm & fuzzy to Carl, a HOF acquaintance.

I’m very happy Li’l Yaz is making the most of his opportunity.    At the end of the day, I think he’ll show himself to be nothing more than a AAAA player.    But if I’m wrong, it won’t be the first time, or the last.