Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

1 hour ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Are they just going with the "Frederick Baseball Team" right now until they choose a name? I haven't heard any announcements. 

They are supposedly revealing the name during a home stand in June on the 23rd. Not sure why they want to wait until half the season is done…Maybe they will just be the Frederick Riddlers?

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2023 at 7:54 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Kevin Gausman today: 7.0 IP, 6H, 0R, 1BB, With a new career high of 13K.

It took longer than expected, but Gausman is the TOR the Orioles thought he would be when he was selected,

On 5/1/2023 at 3:59 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Former Orioles farmhand that was released after the 2021 season.

I always liked Muckenhirn an never understood why he was released so soon. I wonder if there was something off the field that got him released? Either way, nice to see him make it.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I always liked Muckenhirn a never understood why he was released so soon. I wonder if there was something off the field that got him released? Either way, nice to see him make it.

Never heard a bad word about him from any of the minor league guys I spoke with and never saw him as anything but very personalable and friendly. 

Maybe Elias’s programs said his last name on a jersey would cost too much?

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, Tony-OH said:

Super classy as always. Definitely a first class person and teammate. Wish him nothing but the best moving forward.

On the broadcast a day or two ago, Kevin Brown said that Adley misted up when talking about the impact that Chirinos had on him and the team.  Nice to hear.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

On the broadcast a day or two ago, Kevin Brown said that Adley misted up when talking about the impact that Chirinos had on him and the team.  Nice to hear.

From a baseball perspective, Chirinos was pretty clearly done as a productive MLB player, but it's obvious that in this case, he's one those special "mentors" that was brought for Adley. Nice to hear of the solid affect it had on him. I'm sure Chirinos should have no issues catching a coaching or managing job at some point.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• You've never really been a Stowers guy and have always put a huge emphasis on K-BB ratio. While I agree that K-BB ratio can be important, I believe you had misgivings with Mountcastle as he moved up the chain for the same reason. Stowers is always going to have a lot of miss, but he's not getting much regular playing time and pinch-hitting against relievers is not normally a time to work pitchers so I'm not surprised he's been more aggressive. I still think if Stowers was given 500 PAs he's going to hit 25-30 bombs and put up an OPS north of .780. And I think he's improved his defense enough that I would feel ok with him in LF in Camden Yards.
    • I'm talking about the tone.  It's like they are gleeful that Cease is going through a rough patch.
    • Mullins is a guy that has very little chance of getting an extension or a large contract from anyone. He makes sense as a 4th outfielder type on a team with a right-handed hitting CF, something the Orioles won't have unless Jud Fabian just completely turns it on.  I have to imagine this will be Mullins last year with the Orioles, which should move Cowser into center opening up left field for Stowers next year.  
    • Boras says a lot of nothing. He always praises the organizations and says his players like it there because why wouldn't he? He's the type of guy where you can't read into anything he says because it's all BS. He's a politician. 
    • It's a great question. I really don't think Stowers was as slow as his first spring speeds. He never seemed that slow in the minors so I was surprised by his original times. Now maybe he did do some speed training to help him improve, but I also think he may not have been 100% when he came up the first time.  But since this is Mayo's thread, I'd be very surprised if he's not activated today back to the Norfolk roster. 
    • Verlander was a once in baseball history type of move. He was an August waiver trade. He had actually cleared waivers. Meaning not even one team just put in a general claim to just take on the rest of his deal. Not even an AL rival put in a claim just to block it ala the Padres with Randy Myers back in the day. 
  • Popular Contributors