Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

1 minute ago, Paul in Virginia said:

Has to be awful for property values.

Sure and in that respect I do sympathize.

But then I read this

“There’s an inherent unfairness to this, an injustice because he can do whatever he wants because it’s a county island, and I can’t,” said Lang. “I don’t have a recourse because I am bound by all these rules in this HOA.”

And I laugh.

Joey Ortiz has had a nice start to his season.  Nice to see.  I think he's going to put a very respectable career.  

Hernaiz doesn't have a hit yet in 9 ABs.  

People always talk about Yaz, but Walker might have been the one that got away.  He's darn impressive.  

Let's check in on the Jack Flaherty squad:

Cesar Prieto is tearing up AAA with a .899 OPS  including 4 home runs in 55 AB. He looks like he should get some ML time this season. 

Drem Rom has yet to appear in any game, minors or majors, because he's on IL with a biceps injury. 

Zack Showalter has pitched in two A-ball games without a run allowed in 3.2 IP. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Philip said:

TJ McFarland is in the A’s pen, and not doing badly. Good for him! A Rule 5 guy made good!

It’s interesting to compare the careers of McFarland and Danny Coulombe.  TJ debuted in 2013 and is 35; Danny debuted in 2014 and is 34.   TJ has appeared in 362 big league games, throwing 480.1 innings at a 4.16 ERA (101 ERA+), and has been worth -0.1 rWAR; Danny has appeared in 262 games, throwing 250.1 IP aa 3.63 ERA (114 ERA+) and has been worth  3.1 rWAR.   Going into this season, TJ had accrued 8.028 years of service and had been paid $10.5 mm; Danny had accrued 5.008 years and had been paid $5.2 mm.  So I’d say at this point that McFatland has spent more time and bern used more heavily in the majors than Coulombe, and has been better paid, even though Coulombe has been more effective. 

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 86this said:

He's finally making the show.  I followed him after he was traded just to see how bad the trade was going to be.  I guess we'll see how he performs for the Brewers.

Yup, good luck, Perserverance pays off for him. Looks like he's a big leaguer after all. I didnt like that trade when it happened. but its almost 7 years later.

9 hours ago, 86this said:

He's finally making the show.  I followed him after he was traded just to see how bad the trade was going to be.  I guess we'll see how he performs for the Brewers.

The Rays also traded him to Cleveland for Junior Caminero. 

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

Yup, good luck, Perserverance pays off for him. Looks like he's a big leaguer after all. I didnt like that trade when it happened. but its almost 7 years later.

He was a minor league free agent after the 2022 season, so it’s likely he wouldn’t be with our organization now even if we hadn’t traded him.