Kjerstad was finishing college degree

Sports Guy

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Maybe I'm naive but maybe there was an injury as well.   Otherwise, why not just tell the truth?

As long as it’s not something serious, who really cares?

And I say that not disagreeing with you but more or less thinking that if it was a serious matter, I have to think they would say something at this point, although I guess you never know if tests are being done and they are awaiting results or something?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Maybe I'm naive but maybe there was an injury as well.   Otherwise, why not just tell the truth?

Who knows really? It seems awfully strange that a young man, knowing there would be an instructs, after missing his first partial pro season, would choose to finish his degree over attending. The kid just banked over $5 million, I think he'll be ok with finishing his degree later.

You would think these guys would be chomping at the bit to play in any kind of organized baseball after missing a season.

Maybe it's just a different world now. Or maybe there's more to the story, afterall, this is an organization that told us they made coaching changes over salaries. Again, maybe it's true, but if it is, there's a whole lot wrong with the how this organization is going to be run.

For me, I'm going to go with there's more to these stories.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The article isn't clear, but it seems to me that it is quite possible he is finishing the degree up while he is quarantining. Likely much of it is online, so could just be making the best use of his time. Why would the Orioles say it was an injury otherwise? Either way, not concerned. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Who knows really? It seems awfully strange that a young man, knowing there would be an instructs, after missing his first partial pro season, would choose to finish his degree over attending. The kid just banked over $5 million, I think he'll be ok with finishing his degree later.

You would think these guys would be chomping at the bit to play in any kind of organized baseball after missing a season.

Maybe it's just a different world now. Or maybe there's more to the story, afterall, this is an organization that told us they made coaching changes over salaries. Again, maybe it's true, but if it is, there's a whole lot wrong with the how this organization is going to be run.

For me, I'm going to go with there's more to these stories.

This is where I am.  You LEAVE COLLEGE EARLY TO GET PAID TO PLAY PRO BALL SO YOU'RE NOT IN A RUSH TO FINISH A DEGREE.

• Upvote 1

I think what Roch was getting at is that while Kjerstad is home dealing with his medical situation (which is most likely Covid-related), he’s using that time to finish his college degree online.  Not that he chose to skip instructs in order to finish his degree.  It could have been explained better.

• Upvote 3