Who's the #13 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who's the number thirteen prospect?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the number thirteen prospect?

• Brad Bergesen
    • Bobby Bundy
    • Tyler Henson
    • LJ Hoes
    • Lou Montanez

This poll is closed to new votes

I wanna say Bundy, put I need to see results first. Bergeson had a great year. I gotta give him the nod here.

My heart wants me to say Montanez, but my brain says he needs to prove he's really turned a corner. The only way that happens is if he continues his ML performance into the 2009 season.

Bergesen, he's the only one here who's done it against high level competition. Henson hit .265 this year. Bundy pitched 2 innings in the GCL. I'm surprised Montanez is even a consideration given his age and time in the majors this season. Hoes may be the best of this group but I'd like to see him do what Bergesen already has, prove it at a level higher than the GCL.

Since he's eligible for the list, I pick Montanez. He did win the triple crown and hit over .300 in Baltimore after all. I know he's not young, but the guy who played this year can be a starting left fielder in the major leagues. Let's hope he can sustain it.

These choices are getting tough! I went with Bergesen because to me the difference between him and Hernandez was small.

I hadn't realized Montanez still qualified. I guess his upside is kind of limited, but he's already shown he can hold his own against major league pitching. Therefore I'd put him head of Hoes and Henson even though they might be seen as having more upside.

I went with Hoes here.

I didn't vote Bergesen because I doubt he becomes an effective ML starter, he's destined for long relief, but he would still need to figure out how to get lefties out.

I couldn't go with Montanez because he's a 4th OF.

If Henson was playing the middle infield then he would be a realistic option here.

I think Bundy has the highest upside, but I'd want to see him throw a few more professional innings before I put him in front of Hoes.

Why does everyone feel Lou is a 4th outfielder? As everyone is aware, you don't have to have a superstar at every position to win. He seemed to me like he is a better defensive LF than Scott and hit over .300 this year in the majors. He has pop in his bat and is still relatively young at 27 (I believe this is his age.), so to me I see a potential LF starter who, along with Kakes and AJ, would solidify our outfield for the next 5 years at least.

Why does everyone feel Lou is a 4th outfielder? As everyone is aware, you don't have to have a superstar at every position to win. He seemed to me like he is a better defensive LF than Scott and hit over .300 this year in the majors. He has pop in his bat and is still relatively young at 27 (I believe this is his age.), so to me I see a potential LF starter who, along with Kakes and AJ, would solidify our outfield for the next 5 years at least.

He's not a better defender than Scott.

He had a horrible K:BB ratio in the majors which indicates that he wouldn't be able to keep up his success that he had in the majors. He had also accomlished absolutley nothing in the minors before this season.

There's nothing wrong with being a good 4th OF.

Why does everyone feel Lou is a 4th outfielder?

Well, he's just reaching the majors at age 26, and his .295/.316/.446 line was decent but not overwhelming. Despite a great season in the minors, Montanez's career minor league line is .282/.343/.430, so there really isn't much reason to expect him to put up huge numbers in the majors.

Meanwhile, Scott has a career .266/.353/.497 line in the majors, and a .280/.363/.534 line in the minors. That's a pretty solid indication that Scott is a better hitter than Montanez is going to be, which relegates Montanez to the 4th OF role.

Archived