Os changing start times for some home games

Sports Guy

18 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I saw a report somewhere else ...6:30 for weekday home games. It’s more likely that I’ll go to a game during the week as it gets done earlier 

6:35 for weekday home games in April, May and September. This change was actually made for last season's schedule that never happened.

The three Thursday getaway days in April and May are afternoon games.

Pretty sure that the April and May Saturday games last year were mostly set for 4:05, but that isn't the case this year. 

Weather is much more pleasant in the afternoons in April and May.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I don't think a half hour difference is going to keep little Timmy interested in an inherently boring game especially when they'd rather be glued to their iPad/smartphone.  

Well, it increases the opportunity that he can see more of the game.  That’s what I mean.  Whether it keeps their attention or not remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sure, I can agree to that.  Sports in general is facing a big problem, unfortunately.  I don't really see how it gets better, either.

I don't think they can reverse the trends we are seeing, they just need to adapt to them more efficiently.

I don't think chasing millennials and zoomers is going to work.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think they can reverse the trends we are seeing, they just need to adapt to them more efficiently.

I don't think chasing millennials and zoomers is going to work.

I'm not sure how they adapt.  And if they don't chase millennials and zoomers they're sunk.  The big 3 leagues need to figure out a way to survive.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not sure how they adapt.  And if they don't chase millennials and zoomers they're sunk.  The big 3 leagues need to figure out a way to survive.

We need more zoomer fans fellow white males in their 60's.  What do zoomers like? 

Next thing you know they got meme night going on with the lady yelling at the cat meme.

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.p

It's got to be organic.

Did you see the Rays' Twitter got roasted by Wendy's yesterday?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

We need more zoomer fans fellow white males in their 60's.  What do zoomers like? 

Next thing you know they got meme night going on with the lady yelling at the cat meme.

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.p

It's got to be organic.

Did you see the Rays' Twitter got roasted by Wendy's yesterday?

The Rays being roasted yesterday was a highlight of my day.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sure, I can agree to that.  Sports in general is facing a big problem, unfortunately.  I don't really see how it gets better, either.

I'm already preparing myself for the day Esports takes over as the number one American spectator sport and then I'll welcome the sweet release of death. 

5e13e051a310cf3e97af609d.jpeg

• Upvote 2